Runway terrain glitches causing aircraft to crash

Hello all,

I was just about to take off from KDTW in the PMDG 737-600 and immediately after setting takeoff speed, the plane began to move down the runway however, it would hit uneven terrain (maybe it wasn’t rendered correctly or there was a tear in the terrain) and then my plane would bounce up or tip to the side (after contacting this broken terrain)

I do have the Zinertek Runway Enhancement add-on installed and also a runway lighting enhancement addon installed by a developer I can’t seem to remember.

I appreciate that the root cause of these problems I am facing may be the add-ons, but I don’t experience this issue at every airport. The last time I experienced it was at LFPG in the default A320neo.

I am posting this to set the ball rolling and see if anyone else has experienced this and I will conduct some tests to see if I can fix it by removing addons or reinstalling etc.

Thanks in advance for any responses

Here is a link to an example:

We’ve moved your topic into the User Support Hub.

The Bug Reporting Hub is for posting suspected or confirmed bugs that other users are able to reproduce without duplicating an existing bug report.
Using the template is required in order to provide valuable information, feedback, and replication steps to our test team.

If you are not sure if your issue is a bug or need further input from the community, please use the User Support Hub category. If the community can replicate your issue, first search the Bug category to see if there’s an existing topic. If it already exists, contribute to that report. Duplicate bug reports will be closed.

If you believe it is a new report and no duplicate exists, then create a new bug topic using the provided topic template.

All issues caused by or involving third-party addons/mods should be reported to the third-party developer. Assure that no addons/mods are used when reporting issues in Bug Reports.

What I would do:
1- if you have the rolling cache enabled, delete o disable it
If it does not fix your issue:
2- disable one by one your addons to identify which one is causing your issue

2 Likes

Thanks for the response,

Before reading your reply, I did some tests and turned off both addons that would affect the runway at KDTW (27R). These were the Enhanced Airport Graphics by Zinertek and Enhanced Runway Lights by FlyT Simulations.

I performed the first test in the PMDG 737-600 (the aircraft that I had originally experienced the issue with) and found that I was still contacting terrain issues and my plane was tipping or bumping into the glitches as seen in the video linked in my first post to this topic.

After this I completed a test with the same parameters other than the fact that I used the default A320neo by Asobo. I still experienced this issue.

During the conduction of both of these tests, it was blindingly obvious that there was an error in the colour of the runway (see image below) and I think that this is also another issue itself due to be fixed.

Fast forward to now, and after reading your comment, I deleted and then disabled my rolling cache in my MSFS settings and in both the default A320neo and PMDG 737-600 the same issue was still occuring.

This leads me to belive that it is an issue on the games part, and not by any of the add-ons I had used the first time I had experienced this.

Thanks for reply.

The crazy thing about a mod conflict is that they don’t have to be something that you would think would affect another.
To really confirm it isn’t a mod conflict, you need to try with all your mods uninstalled.
The easiest way to do that is to start the sim in safe mode.
That loads the sim with no addons/mods, but you would have to use a default aircraft to prove the issue.

That color issue is mainly caused by missing/bad textures or texture file paths.

In doing a search in here, I can’t find any other reference to this issue.
If it was a sim issue, I would think it likely that someone would have reported this before now.
Particularly so at a busy airport like KDTW.

What runway were you using?
Let us know and I will try and replicate it myself!

I was using RW27R

1 Like

There is that other report for KDTW but for another runway. Looks like root cause was a mod conflict.

1 Like

I had no problems out of 27R at KDTW.
Textures all good, no bump on runway.

Interesting.

I’ll continue to fly in various other places as usual and maybe it will just fix itself, today could have just been an off day.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

I have the same problem with the Austria airport, I have elevations in the doors, I already installed the world update and it is still the same.

Welcome to the forum !, have you checked my above post ?:

Coming back to this, I do not have cache enabled or any mod/addon, still had this issue tho after hitting Vr speed at multiple airports.

Do you have photogrammetry turned on? I find this can cause all kinds of invisible wall issues in some aircraft more than others. Pink textures if you ever see them are because you didn’t restart after removing an add-on and if you use rolling cache, you didn’t delete the rolling cache correctly after removing the addon

Ah okay, my photogrammetry doesn’t work I don’t think, my addon for a city won’t appear when it’s loaded on even though I have photogrammetry on?