Rx 6600

Anyone with an RX 6600? looks like it will be a bit more affordable and available to the masses.
I am interested to see how well it performs with the SIM and in VR.

Thanks for your input

I think it will depend on the resolution of the VR headset. For example, I used to own the Nvidia 2070 super and I’d guess the Rx 6600 is roughly similar. So with the 2070s and the Rift S VR headset, I got descent performance. However I wanted more than the Rift S could provide and subsequently purchased the much higher resolution Reverb G2. Well the 2070s didn’t like the G2 in this game. I couldn’t get the settings high enough to take advantage of the quality the G2 could provide so I ended up buying the 6900 xt graphics card. So it will be decided by the resolution you’re trying to obtain.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot Mayhem,
your reply was very helpful. I’ve got a gtx 1080 which produces good quality and I use it with a Quest 2.
I am always wondering what is the visual difference with an upgraded setup - however given that the GPU prices are crazy right now; I was considering all options - including the RX 6600. Apparently it has the same architecture as the 6600xt, and can be overclocked too.

But even after this release, the RX 6600 was nowhere to be found !
Anyway, will continue to participate in shuffles and see what happens.

So I just bought and installed the rx 6600 and love it!!! I definitely paid more than the msrp. I ended up paying $589 us for it and the msrp I think is like $329. But right now I was happy to get anything under $800.
So I am running msfs2020 with it and 3 lg ultragear fhd 32" monitors and it is running like a champ. Smooth, great graphics and so far no issues.
I have a quest 2 but have not tried it yet. I am having such a great time just using the monitors right now :slight_smile: if you can pick one up then I highly recommend it !

20211216_214350|690x517

3 Likes

Thank you for the reference, right now this card is at $628. How is works with the VR? Which resolution are you using on the 3 monitors? (Each one and in total) I appreciate your comments.

Sorry I forgot how many FPS are you reaching? Are you using NVME or SSD? Thank you again!

Hey Nick,

Did you ever get a chance to try the Quest 2 with the 6600? If so, how’d they perform?

I’m also still in the Full HD world and am interested in the RX 6600, which seems to do a good job. Since I’m planning on going to 60fps by tv and projector, I’m just wondering if the RX 6600 also displays 60fps smoothly? What are your experiences with the RX 6600? Thanks for your feedback.

youur cpu?