I have created a conversion for my Saitek USB throttle to be more Airbus like. The conversion is fully reversible. The indent plates are stuck on with double sided tape and can be removed. If I want to use the Saitek standard knobs, there is no functional need to remove the indent plates. All parts are printed with my Prusa MK3s printer in PLA.
My design is based on the design of Alex Wierzbowsky
Changes that I made to the original design:
- I have redrawn the design
- The split of the body is different (more a body + cover instead of 2 halves)
- Bolts are counter sunk
- The handle is a seperate part to enable printing in a different color
- The mechanics use 3 ball bearings (11x5x4) and a spring with very low play
- The are indents for CLB/FLX/TOGA settings using the same mechanism as the trustreverser locking mechanisme
- The flap lever is my own design and is spring loaded
- Red disengage button is not functional but is planned to be made functional in the future with little design changes. The cable can be routed easily into the body.
If you are interested in the file, drop me a PM.