Saitek Cesena Trim Wheel

I have the Trim Wheel and it works perfectly in Xplane, which indicates it is calibrated OK, however in MSFS, Trimming up takes huge jumps where trimming down is much finer and easier to manage.

Has anyone found a way around this? I’ve played with the sensitivity but haven’t found a suitable result.

I also cannot get the trim wheel working and for that matter I cant get any Honeycomb buttons to work as a simulation for electric trim. I’ve been running Xplane for years and never had a problem with the wheel. With Xplane 11.55 there are major issues with loading and other items so I thought I’d try MSFS. With this trim disaster I am going to have to abandon MSFS and go back to Xplane and see if I can fix it. MSFS is not worth the effort for trying to get a sim that can mimic real world flying. It’s a waste of time without a trim wheel or electric trim.

Got this Cesena trim wheel worked great for one evening of 18th ,the next day rebooted PC and the wheel had mind of its own. after so many times callobrating in windows and the sim,it would just Trim on its own and crashing the plane, so i clear the default profile and try again just no good in msfs would not stop turning. When it worked the one time it was great. I’m so puzzled to why it just stopped working and just turning randomly one way until crash to the ground.

I’ve had one for years and never had any issues like you are describing.

I’d try

1. Check the calibration/functionality in the Windows USB game controllers app and see how it is working outside of MSFS.
  2. Check if you have ANY other keys or axis also bound to the trim functionality in ANY of your controller profiles.
  3. Check if you have any MSFS “Assists” active. Not sure if there is one for trim… but try deactivating ANY assistance you might find active.
  4. If the above doesn’t work…You might try checking the Logitech website for any way to clear the calibration in Windows. I’ve got scripts from them for the Saitek yoke and X52 that clear the calibration from the registry and allows it to be reset.

I hope you can resolve it… I couldn’t imagine flying without my trusty trim wheel.

Good luck!