Saitek Flight Panels

This is simultaneously plausible and sad :frowning:

I haven’t seen proof of Logitech doing anything with it’s Pro Flight series since they aquired it from Saitek in 2016. It’s all been the sims themselves or third parties who’ve ensured compatibiltiy. To this day Logitech markets compabilty with two generations old sims:

I honestly think they’ve stopped manufacturing these panels and were just waiting for them to sell off so they could discontinue them.

I think the same; I immagine when on 18th people starts calling their thech support and the managers “uh?.. what?.. a new flight simulator?.. who made it?.. ach!!!” :slight_smile:

1 Like

What means Logitech Support exactly. Will I need i.e. spas.next as well?

We have no idea. They haven’t said.

Either Microsoft is making our panels work natively (probably not, or they would have said so), or they are just fixing SimConnect and we can use Lorby, SPAD.next or whatever trinkets us sim peasants amuse ourselves with.

Hah, gave me a laugh because that’s exactly how I envisioned it :joy:
Anyway, as luck (or bad luck) would have it, my Logitech G29 Keyboard went ■■■■ up, they don’t like Fresh orange juice apparently

So, needed a new Keyboard, straight to Logi, as I always do, then I realised they fobbed me off with excuses when I bought their panels for this very sim and so I bought my Keyboard from someone else. Cherry MX, lovely sound. never had a mech keyboard before

Thank you LOGITECH!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :grin:

We always remember Logitech
It’s a shame you don’t.
Hit them in the pocket or Nuke em from orbit It’s the only way to be sure" :boom:

3 Likes

Well, I just bought 2 Logitech / Saitek panels after following this thread, and seeing some kind of light at the end of the tunnel. They are out of stock everywhere, so I was lucky to finally find the 2 panels I wanted in stock in 2 different stores.

So, I’m really hoping for native support in MSFS 2020, but I guess that’s probably not going to happen. So how much work is it to get them to actually function properly (once the sim is patched, I guess)? I’ve never been into flight sims before now, so I wouldn’t really know where to begin.

1 Like

They would work fine today with third party software if the SimConnect issues weren’t a factor. But in the long run we would have to spend some money for the pleasure.

But it looks like this sim will be a big enough deal that either someone will come up with a free solution or Asobo will offer up native support at some point.

1 Like

The problem is NOT Logitech.

Their products work in other flight Sims, but not this new release. The problem is the devs ignored failed to accommodate legacy protocol in the released version. Simconnect is another example. 100s of 3rd party apps are dead for now until Devs patch.

Calling Logitech or emailing the CEO is a waste of time. Focus on the zendesk of MSFS 2020. Flood them

Logitech? More like illogitech, am I right guys?

Wait, got another one.

“Any ideas Spock?”

“None Captain, it’s highly illogitech.”

Am I right guys?

3 Likes

Hmm, alright. Hope it gets fixed before I receive the panels then. Thanks for the reply.

All the more reason to open source their software yes? Could it be because that it’s driver-level software? Would that introduce complication to open sourcing because it’s not user-level software and requires sha1 digital signature signing to install in an operating system? I just extracted the Flight_Panels_x64_Software_8.0.150.0.exe file and the Setup.exe file seems to have a digital signature and dated 14 Feb 2018.

If you’re in the UK I think you might find stock left on PC World / Currys online store. Order it and get it delivered to a local store for collection. I managed to get a Honeycomb Alpha like this when everywhere else seemed to be out of stock.

I’d say it’s Logitech AND Microsoft. Don’t Logitech products work in other flight sims because Logitech has provided support in their software specifically for those sims? I’m pretty sure third-party sim software devs were given access to development builds and had plenty of time to assign their software developers to keep abreast of differences and improvements to the SimConnect API and update to ensure it had the same specific support for the new sim at release. It shouldn’t be left to small utility authors like SPAD and Lorby to get these two companies products working together.

1 Like

Hello,

I contacted Logitech’s FRANCE support service.
I’m just the second call of the day regarding the Saitek panel issues.
They opened an incident ticket to send the information back to the developers.
I encourage you to contact logitech support service to up the information.
Here is the support phone number in France.
Good luck in this interminable wait.

1 Like

Ok, look at it this way: a protocol for game peripherals exist for decades

MS/Asobo release Alpha to manufactures and everything works as per legacy protocols.

Release date comes, and the Dev team release a version with changes to the protocol without notifying many 3rd party hardware companies, but allow only a select number to adopt “new protocols”.

How is this solved: The devs of the game reverting to legacy protocols as per Alpha that was distributed OR patching the release version to allow both “new protocol” and “legacy protocol” to co-exist and function via a menu settings in-game.

Either way, the developers are surely working overtime to resolve and we just have to wait.

Having said that, this game should have been labeled: “Early Release Candidate” with a target release for full game in late fall.

Summary: I want to buy team Asobo a beer in January when the dust settles a bit.

Another example of this is simconnect, as stated before.

1 Like

Does anyone know if the MSFS 2020 Update released fixed the simconnect FPS drop issue?

The update isn’t released yet. It’s coming 2020-09-02T22:00:00Z or before.

and yes, simconnect is on the fix-list

1 Like

I just got the same email from Logitech support. working on it
 September
 I’m fine with that as they are addressing the issue. My question to them was on the Switch Panel. I can certainly live without that for a couple of months. I am having great fun with MFS2020 anyway.

3 Likes