Saitek Flight Panels

For anyone who is having the blank multipanel issue there is a simple fix that logitech still fails to implement. It involves tweaking the power usb device allocation.

Heres a video of the fix.

This isnā€™t the issue

1 Like

was replying to the guy above and is still relevant. Even if logitech makes drivers they still might not solve the multipanel usb power issue.

1 Like

We do need to keep this seperate to ensure that its very clear what we are saying thought about the panels not working in the sim! :v:

I do really THANK YOU FOR THAT!!!

Solved the black screen ISSUE!

Sorry else fellows! it wasnt my objetive disturb the main issue!!

3 Likes

I agree with SirMaxxi the main problem is the non-functioning of the logitech panel on MSFS2020, the rest is known and if logitech can take advantage of it to solve it so much the better otherwise we know the solution ā€¦
So Logitech or Asobo must find us a solution.

1 Like

Letā€™s hope if we keep up this momentum, submit it tickets, make phone contact, tweet Logitech, Asobo etc and keep doing it until we have a form commitment from logi or Asobo and then and only then can we rest.

These panels as far as Iā€™m concerned are essential to the fullest soon experience and they needed to be sorted.

Far too many people and far too much money invested too ignore this.

I hope Asobo could do these native but a driver from logi would also obviously be the next best thing.

We just need to keep on this :+1::+1::airplane::airplane:

2 Likes

I got my response from the ticket I raised with Logitech. Now I am p****d off.

Their reply:

Gleb D. (Logi)

Aug 19, 2020, 11:43 PM PDT

Hello Alex.

Your request was reviewed by the appropriate team and their answer was that there is no update of the plugin for the 2020 version.

We donā€™t want you to be stuck with them, so if you like we can start the procedure for returning the products.

In this case, please, provide me the information below:
/snip

Respectfully,

Gleb
Logitech Customer Care

I have sent them a replyā€¦

I have had the same issue for agesā€¦ I find that, once the sim is running, unplugging the USBs for the panels and plugging them back in again works for me. However I see that there is, what looks to be, a more official and substantial fix for it from Tofutakeout that Iā€™ll try with X-Plane :smile: (sorry I know itā€™s a bit off topic)

Hi folks, i got an email from simplugins, that they released a version of panel builder which should work with 2020 this sofware doesnā€™t support saitek panels but you can design your own panel with an ipad or Android Tab with instruments which will be connected via network to Flightsimulator.

Good News from ThomasComputerSolution !! they are working on there Logitech Saitek Instrument Panel addon and it will be soon released, so that all users which are using Saiteks FIP and Switch/Multi panels will be supported. Yesterday they send me an email where they wrote that they are working on it. Good news, but we have to wait.

MS2020 ist a nice Sim, but it has substantial problems with peripherals. Other companies had no time to develop their plugins for it and now you have to play MS2020 like 20 years ago.

https://store.x-plane.org/Logitech-Saitek-Flight-Instrument-Panel-Support-Addon_p_398.html

X-Plane.Org Forum

4 Likes

Ouch. That sucks But donā€™t give up if we keep applying pressure we might get lucky

1 Like

Last word on SPAD.next from me.

Iā€™ve done some more extensive testing, and the panels work great for my use. Heading, vertical speed, altitude settings all work as intended, radios and NAV/VOR frequencies are all displaying correctly and are adjustable. And the pitch trim is working, which is what I need most since the Honeycomb Alphaā€™s trimming is a pain without one. The only thing Iā€™ve noticed not working is the flap lever, and that might be in conflict with my throttle setup.

I used MSI Afterburner, GPU-Z, HWMonitor and task manager to monitor while flying, and the framerate pretty consistently drops 10 FPS every time I start SPAD.next, and consistently jumps 10 FPS when I quit it. Turning the graphics settings down to ā€œlow endā€ does not help much.

Moving the camera around in the cockpit and outside stutters noticeably and makes TrackIR pretty much useless. Turning TrackIR off had no noticeable impact on performance.

My CPU, GPU and memory baselined around 50-60% which is pretty consistent with the theory of SimConnect bottlenecking the game.

I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be using SPAD.next regularly until performance gets better. But Iā€™ll miss my trimming wheel :sweat:

2 Likes

The bad news is that even though other, better and cheaper plugins might pop up, if they also are using the SimConnect API we could expect the same drop in performance.

The good news is that this API is used for a bunch of 3rd party plugins, so itā€™s not just us poking MS about it, itā€™s every other app that wants to communicate with MSFS. PilotEdge has already confirmed that MS is aware and working on fixing the API.

Logitech has officially bowed out of making their own hardware functional. Totally expected as they havenā€™t supported any other recent sim either. No biggie, just remember this the next time youā€™re considering buying a Logitech product.

Microsoft then, is who we need to push for updates. Community managers in other threads have asked players to report this problem to their Zendesk system, and while the forum is a good place to vent, I think Zendesk brings us closer to the developers.

Link to Zendesk is at the top of this page. Submit a request > A technical issue prevents me to launch or enjoy MSFS. Say what panels you have, and that making them work would spark joy.

2 Likes

I ordered the Honeycomb Alpha Yoke/Switch today and will order their Bravo Throttle when available.
Real shame as I loved using the all panels in X Plane 11.
I also own their rudder pedals, a G920 wheel/pedals and speakers also but after this I doubt Iā€™ll buy their products again.

So at some point we will be able to use our panels as Thomas CS is working on it, that is good news at least :pray::pray:

2 Likes

I tried the blank screen fix and it didnā€™t work for me but as what Thetechman879 said usually I just unplug the panel and plug back in while game is going and it works, it did the same in X-Plane. If you use the panel test program I think it does the same. Itā€™s just a Saitek/Logitech issue which they wonā€™t fix.

me too so surprised and disappointed my Logitech/Saitek Radio, Switch and Sat panels are not even recognised let alone working on FS2020 (they added so much on Xplane11) hard to believe as they pushed this game as a Sim experience

Please get this fixed ASAP

1 Like

Letā€™s hope real soon roger

I just received a response back from Logitech Support finally.

Brace yourselves, Iā€™m just going to hold back on this oneā€¦

################

Thank you for contacting Logitech! My name is Candace D. and please accept our apologies as our email support are experiencing high email backlog and response times may be affected. I will be helping you with any issues you have today. I understand you would like assistance with your . I am happy to help with anything you need.

Upon checking, thereā€™s no driver available for the Microsoft 2020. We donā€™t have any information if it will be available or when will it be available.

Thank you for contacting Logitech and have a nice day.

For future reference, your ticket number for this issue is 3930358ā€‹ and you can reference it should you have any further questions regarding this case.

ā€‹Best regards,
Candace D.
Logitech Customer Support

##############

Iā€™m not going to tell you all what I think, Iā€™m pretty sure youā€™ll all work it out based on that response.

Based off that response Iā€™m not going to focus my energies on Logitech any further, they arenā€™t our hope at all.

2 Likes

I thought this might be the case. Once the Simconnect issue is fixed, I may just bite the bullet and get Spad.Next. It does appear to add a number of features and many do use it. I just hoped (as I sit here using my Logitech keyboard and mouse) that they they would try to do the right thing.

2 Likes