Saitek/Logitech/Madcatz peripherals not registering

My whole home simulator consists of Saitek etc etc components, MSFS recognised the controllers ie throttle, yoke and rudder pedals but did not recognise my Flight Instrument Panels, my Radio, my Multi switch panel or my Multi Panel nor my my cessna trim wheel.
Has any body got any work rounds or will the developer eventually support them!
any help greatly appreciated.
its gone from this

to this !!!

5 Likes

Same here, no support of any kind for the saitek logitech panels at all.
But i’m Sure it will be implemented in a future update.
Also, it is very lazy for a big company like Logitech for not making drivers for these relatively expensive items…

2 Likes

Software Spad.next !

Any recommendations for profiles?

My Saitek Proflight Cessna yoke and the TPM System now work thanks to this forum.

I have my Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel configured is MSFS. I am using SPADNext to control the Switch Panel, Multi Panel and Radios. Its been a long time so I need to get familiar with SPADNext programming.

absolutely, i have spent a fortune on my rig roughly £2500 on all my panel which consists of 10 FIPs 2 Throttles 1 Yoke, 1 Rudder, 1 Radio Stack, 1 Multi Switch, 1 Multi Panel, 1 Cessna Trim wheel, 1 Backlit Instrument Panel (thats never really worked) plus I actually bought the proper framework for it all to fit in.
Plus a new computer £3000 and of course my 3 monitors and stands, sound system and all the the powered hubs to run them all so you are looking at nearly £7500 approx.
So come on microsoft or Logitech please make an old man happy and make my panels work.

3 Likes

Once they get the VR working for the Rift S, I will probably go back to using the switches and radios in VR.

I have heard of SPAD next is a definite fix and is it woth the licence and lastly is relatively easy to use
thank you

The trim wheel will work if you map it to the Elevator Trim Axis

1 Like

I’ll give it a go
thank you

Switch Panel from Logitech is not recognized my side too.
I have sen some uses SPAD.next but it degrades strongly the simulator performances :frowning:

Hope it will get fixedsoon

1 Like

Paying 67 euro for a tool that makes all my expensive panels work?
C’mon, Logitech or the MSFS devs should give us a FREE solution for this.
I’m definitely not going to pay for it…

1 Like

Yea, they supported the Saitek X-52 which is seven years old and no longer for sale except on E-Bay, but no support for the X-55 which is only one button difference from the X-56. Some moron running the controller selection at Asobo.

I’m uninstalling this mess and getting a refund. I will wait a year until they have better support for older controllers. I guess they expect everyone who has $59.99 for this sim has enough funds for a new current controller. No wonder MS let someone else develop this. MS does not want the hassles of badly developed gaming software.

I have the Saitek X45, which is older, but still fairly popular. There is no profile for it at all. I can’t believe that you can’t tell it what function you want, and then press a button. I have no idea how the game recognizes these other 28 buttons. I have flight controls programmed, but that’s it. No throttle, no rudder, etc.
Also, holy ■■■■ this game runs inconsistently. I go from 1-2 fps to 30-40 ish in the same area. I’ve had 2 crash to desktops this morning alone too.

Apparently there is a work around by renaming the x-56 profile if you can find the root directory to do so. I unfortunately cannot so am also stuck with a x-55 not wanting to work, additionally the number pad controls make zero logical sense. None of the keyboard controls make any sense, other games made logical key bindings since the last game and this company straight up screwed around and took zero notes.

I agree Have multi Monitors Switch Panels Saitek Pedals, Hotas Throttles and Stick
Not working properly.
Cant get right Toe brake to work tells me Y axis not suitable but responds in settimgs.
Will not program the Hotas Throttles.
Works with Yoke and throttle.
Very Very frustrating for my 78 year old brain

I have the X-45 as well and yeah I couldn’t believe this. You cant even assign it but somehow it recognizes it but just no profile. I don’t see this getting corrected without someone building some 3rd party piece to interface it. Seems silly because this works fine in FSX and in X-Plane 11

Plugged in my X52 Pro before the game loaded, and when it was already loaded. Plugged it in and out again. Dissabled double clutch in Windows settings (this was a problem in Elite Dangerous) But nothing helps. The game detects the HOTAS just fine, and I can see and set the deadzones, see the X Y and Z access move in the game too (in the options menu). But it won’t load any default keybindings. We have to set everything manually? My buddy has a X56 and he has no problems at all.