Saitek Trim Wheel support?

It would have worked the whole time. I had to change the filter options to make it able to be bound. Strange how the filter was hiding it, and that is the default filter for controls…Anyway…all good now and finally able to trim again properly. Thanks for the help!

-Dan

This worked for me, thanks so much!!!

Any luck getting the Flight Velocity trim wheel to work? I am in the same boat. They have published some instructions yesterday on how to bind on the FV website, telling us to bind to Trim nose up and Trim nose down. Not working for me. Cheers.

I bound button one of the trim wheel to elevator nose up and button 2 to nose down. It works just very slow. Wish there was a way to make it correct more lifelike.

Same goes for me, too dlow to imperceptible trim. I have contacted FV, if I hear anything, will let you know.

Does anyone have an issue with the saitek trim wheel combined with the honecomb yoke. there seems to be an issue where from neutral trim to negative it moves really fast, and neutral to positive moves at the right speed?

Guys, I have been using my Cessna Trim Wheel (Saitek) for many years now. It worked flawlessly in FSX, P3d and Xplane 11. However in MSFS, I’m not happy with it. doesn’t work consistently trimming up and down. Often gets outside the range and does nothing. Currently, the CJ4 doesn’t even recognise it (it did previously to SU5).

Can anyone with the Trim Wheel, advise:

1. What driver they use and where they got it
  2. Any tweeks they had to apply to get it to work satisfactorily

As a real world GA pilot, the Trim Wheel is so important to me and I’m disappointed I’m having so many issues with this product. In Xplane 11 it works perfectly, so it’s not the device.

Hello @CinnamonInk8010

I as many others are having issues getting this trim wheel working as well. I also used it in Xplane a bit but found some issues there as well. I’m not sure what you might be using for drivers/software but the link I had for downloading both from the saitek site seems to be dead. I was wondering if that was my issue in not having dedicated drivers. I thought it used to be in windows calibration that there was a vertical red axis slider to do the calibration but now all I have is a box with an X that’s a lateral calibration.

1 Like

Thanks for responding. I guess it might be time to update my controllers to the better supported devices.

My thoughts are that MS should get their act together and get these working!

1 Like

Hi Guys, as an update to my “issues” with the Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel, I finally got it working satisfactorily. The solution was to select the Reset option before re-calibrating using the Windows device tool. I’m now getting a gradual change for both up and down trim, without the huge jumps I had before.

1 Like

I just got this trim wheel the other day, to use in MSFS 2020. I thought that the Flight Velocity wheel, being larger in diameter than the small trim wheel I already have on my Logitech multipanel, would be an improvement over the Logitech wheel. I figured I wouldn’t have to turn it as much to trim out my aircraft. It “turns out” that almost any amount of turning the Flight Velocity wheel is too much. If I turn the FV wheel even just a little bit, my plane threatens to spin out of control. I have been fiddling with the settings, both software and hardware, all afternoon without much luck. If anyone knows the secret of how to make this wheel work “safely” I’d like hear about it.

Do you have FSUIPC7. If so, you can get fine control of the trim wheel using it bt assigning the wheel as a button/switch. How to do this is too detailed for me to explain here. But go to the FSUIPC7 user manual and find the “offset increment/decrement controls” section. Read up on how to use this and try it out. You’ll need to play with the smaller parameter number until its to your liking.

I’ve moved on from this trim wheel to the one on the Bravo throttle quadrant, but I still use this method to modify the trim response.

2 Likes

I was also able to get my Saitek cessna trim wheel working tonight in FS2020. As a real world 172 private pilot, the trim wheel is critical! Here’s what I did to get it working:

3 Likes

Also, FWIW I found a sensitivity setting of -60 to be pretty accurate as far as 152/172 trim goes in the real world.

1 Like

Thanks, that was the solution

I’ve just managed to get hold of this trim wheel from ebay (hopefully arriving tomorrow)…is there any particular driver that I need to install, or will windows find it automatically? I’ve heard there is a madcatz driver somewhere, but is that still needed?

Are the settings listed above still the recommended ones in 2024?

It’s plug and play. You just have to map the controls in the sim.

I bought it recently too. I didn’t need any driver at all, but:

• If windows does not detect it, especially the first time, try moving the wheel. After a couple of seconds of moving it, it will.
  • Some of us suffered calibrations problems the first time we plugged it (faster trim movements when move it downwards than upwards). Usually using the classic windows calibration tools would solve it.
  • And finally, you need to adjust sensitivity curves for each plane.

I hope it helps.

brilliant, thanks for the info everyone.

it actualy did arrive yesterday in the end. set up and it works…it initially didn’t appear in windows game controllers at all…but in windows update there was an optional update with a saitek driver…after isntalling and rebooting it now works perfectly.

At the start of each flight, I need to move it around a bit, the sim has a bit of a mini fit, but then it works fine after that. Really like the feel of it compared to some of the other things I’ve tried (like trims from etsy). The wheel has a kind of resistance to it that was missing on other products.

I tried setting up exactly as shown in the posts above, but it was going mad and moving without any input, so in the end I just cleared the 2 options with the + and - axis’ and just kept the basic axis…works fine.

Thanks again :slight_smile: