Saitek X52 Button 6 dont work in MSFS

Hello,
i have the Saitek X52.
In Windows, all buttons work fine.

When i use the controller in MSFS all button with out button 6 work ok.
but button 6 accept no commands.

what can i do to use button 6 for breaks?

The button works fine for me. I use the default Button 1 (light trigger pull) for regular brakes, but I currently have 6 set to toggle the parking brake.

I don’t know if it makes any difference, but mine is an original Saitek unit - made long before L’tech bought them out.

@tclayton2k
Same here, works well for me, and exactly the same brake assignment as you!

Have you tried mapping the button to brakes in the config menu?

You could also try mapping that button to another function to verify that it works in game.

This may be of some help:

1 Like

I too had this same problem…and the solution form MickT1701 above is what solved it…it’s not easy to figure out as the documentation with the X52 is awful and you have to carefully follow the instructions in the link above to set up the X52 with only one custom profile where button 6 can then be used by MSFS for brakes or whatever you want, and not the default Logitech use of “Shift” for that button. I google a lot and stumbled upon the same solution as MickT1701 linked to and it worked for me. When I boot up the machine I have to launch the “profile” that I saved for the X52 (it should be in the system tray to the lower right corner with an icon for the X52) and then when I fire up the Sim the saved key mappings inside the sim work directly with the “profile” that is active for the X52 (the one you built in the linked instructions above). You will know the X52 profile is working if the name that you chose shows up on the display screen of the X52. It has to be activated every time from what I know, I haven’t found a way to make that custom profile launch every time the PC is started, but that might also be possible. The sim always defaults ok to the X52 without any actions, but the logitech software that accepts the key stroke commands from the Sim is terrible and doesn’t default to the last profile you used unfortunately.

I originally came here to fix my same issues with the button 6 not working. But now the issue I’m having with is most buttons will not work when my profile is loaded with the x52 software. I went to new advanced command in the profile software so I could name what each button does and so it would show up on the mfd, but it only works if im testing the buttons when I have the x52 software as my active window.

If I clear the profile the buttons work, but I want the names of each function showing up in the mfd so I know what they do.