Salty Simulations 747 banking to the right?

Hi All,

been awhile since I have been on and recently installed the Salty 747 via the FBW installer.

Ive noticed on take off roll the plane drastically pulls to the right and as soon as I get airbourne the its also drastically banks to the right?

has anyone else encountered this?

not sure what it could be?

I am in the middle of a flight now and didn’t have any issues on takeoff. I actually drifted a little to the left on takeoff, but I may have had some slight pressure on my rudder pedals that I didn’t notice during the take off roll.

1 Like

Excited to report I got a CTD a few hundred feet from touchdown after 6 hours, so sorry I can’t tell you how it performed after landing :angry:

Have you checked to make sure you have all your assistance turned off (True to Life/Hard), and you have adequate deadzone to all your control axes?

yes settings are true to life.

interested to know more about deadzones…

Deadzones are basically a zone in your joystick axes that the sim “ignores”. This is important because even a single micrometre of movement in your joystick, the sim will accept it as a valid input. This makes it almost impossible that your joystick is exactly centered because you could have vibration, or even your hand slightly pulling/pushing without you realising that’s it’s not exactly centered.

It’s these micro movements that can cause the autopilot to be overridden by these inputs. So by adding deadzone, you are giving the sim a certain zone within your joystick axis that the sim must ignore. So only when you’re actually moving the joystick past a certain threshold that the sim start to receive the input. That way, any micro movements within this deadzone will be ignored and your autopilot can work the way it should.

I put mine to at least 5% on all my X, Y, and Z axis in my joystick.

1 Like

Thank you sir!

yesss its annoying how do we fix it