Sam Scene 3D Hong Kong City Times won't load after Sim Update 5

Where did you get this version 1.4.1? I bought on simmarket but it is still V1.3.1.
I sent an email to Samscene to clarify, but no answer so far.

Version 1.4.1 was the new version Sam Scene 3D uploaded to the MSFS marketplace. I believe they uploaded that version to try to resolve the freezing issue everyone was having with the MSFS marketplace version.

The version from SimMarket does not have the freezing problem on the loading screen as I understand it.

I doubt version 1.4.1 has any actual landscape changes. So itā€™s probably the same as version 1.3.1, except version 1.4.1 was an attempt to fix the freezing problem on the load screen. This would be my best educated guess, but you can get an official answer from Sam Scene 3D.

I am in the same boat. Unable to load at VHHH. I can load at Macau but it is not ideal to try to slew across. I am also getting lots of floating buildings and missaligned bridges. I have tried all the usual tricks mentioned here to no avail. I have e-mailed samscene in the hopw of a fix.
Jon

Bad news! Iā€™ve just installed MSFS World Update 6. Sadly HK city times still doesnā€™t load. Iā€™m very angry and begin to suspect that was SamSceneā€™s defect. Their CS has been accusing that this problem was caused by MS and Asobo, but I donā€™t buy it anymore. As a developer, they should have sufficient tools to debug and know what was causing the issue but they seem donā€™t have any idea and just keep telling us to wait for the next MSFS updates. I hesitate to buy any other SamScene products again.

I had this problem once. Then I exit to the main menu and reload. It became normal again.

Hi. I just installed WU6, and downloaded the latest version of HK City times (1.4.1) from the MSFS marketplace. If I load into VHHH as my first flight, it freezes on the loading screen as it did in SU5.

However, if I load into VMMC (Macau) as my first flight, then despawn, and then load into VHHH as my second flight, it works as before.

So it seems like Sam Scene 3D never fixed the problem of it freezing on the loading screen. However, if you load your first flight somewhere away from HK (ie. load in VMMC in Macau), despawn, and then load into VHHH as the second flight, it will work without the loading screen freezing.

1 Like

I e-mailed Sam Scene about this problem today are received a reply blaming Microsoft Bing data and to ask them to fix the problem. We are stuck in the midddle of a a blame game now.
Jon.

1 Like

I had heard some of the OrbX sceneries were freezing on the loading screen as well after Sim Update 5, so I hoped that the problem was widespread enough, that Asobo would fix it in World Update 6 today.

Unfortunately, Asobo has not fixed it. And this problem with HK City Times only appeared after Sim Update 5. This has me worried because if this is an isolated problem with HK City Times and Sim Update 5, then it may not be fixed because HK City Times is not a widely sold product, like some of the Orbx sceneries (ie. Iā€™m sure the Orbx London scenery sold a lot of copies).

I guess the best we can do is contact Sam Scene 3D after the World Update 6 today and let them know the problem is still there. Perhaps if enough of us contact Sam Scene 3D, they may give it another look.

The oddest thing is, I would think people that just purchase HK City Times from the MSFS marketplace will also run into the freezing problem when they load into VHHH as their first flight. Those people would be asking for a refund almost immediately. I would think that would push Sam Scene 3D to fix the problem because they would lose sales on HK City Times but I guess itā€™s not motivating them to fix the problem.

This is due to SDK changes by Masobo, which are only passed on to 3rd party developers later.

Actually, Iā€™m also a developer. Iā€™ve also had bad experience and ever suffered from SDK changes. Normally problem would be solved within a week if we carefully follow the SDK change notes. But this loading problem has already been known for more than a month and they are still trying to blame othersā€¦

This problem only appears with marketplace users and not community users, moreover not only HK Times has this issue after SU5, but also many other add-ons if you guys have read from this forum. So I assume this should be Microsoft fault but not samscene. In addition MS marketplace takes 3 weeks to test the scenery before releasing so each update or fix takes long time so it is useless to blame the developer

1 Like

freezing only appears to marketplace users but not community users so it is not problem related to sdk, it should be something wrong with the marketplace and not the developers

Update. To their credit Sam Scene have supplied me with a download of the scenery for my community folder, so thank you to them for great customer service. VHHH loads perfectly now.
It does seem to be the purchases from the marketplace that are causing the issue. My purchase of TNCM is hanging the St Barts landing challenge up. Delete it and the challenge runs ok.
Whether or not it is the developer or Microsofts fault, the simmer it stuck with a product they have paid for which is causing problems. This is why I am grateful to Sam Scene for acknowleging that I have paid for their product (via proof of purchase) and supplying me with their scenery that will work.
Other developers should follow their example and be understaning if thier scenecy from the marketplace causes problems.
I am off to purchase Sam Scene Macau. From their website of course.
Regards, Jon

1 Like

TNCM has only been broken since MAY. Itā€™s not terribly hard to fix. See the posts by Pieloth,

I bought it from SimMarket, and itā€™s still broken for the above linked reasons.

More details about why it happens, Scenery creators: please move or rename your modelLib.BGL

1 Like

Hi everyone. It looks like multiple 3rd party dev sceneries are affected by this bug when you purchase the scenery from the MSFS marketplace: Sim freezes when loading, around 60% (with 3rd party content) - MSFS DevSupport

You can see in addition to Sam Scene 3D, that FSDreamTeam, DrzewieckiDesign, and more 3rd party devs are affected by this.

The problem is still not solved in SU6. It doesnā€™t load at all. Very disappointing.

Try contacting Sam Scene 3D directly like ManticSiren4320 did. Like ManticSiren4320, I was able to get a download of the Sam Scene 3D scenery to put in my Community folder. You need to provide Sam Scene 3D your proof of purchase of the scenery though. You can contact Sam Scene 3D via their Facebook page.

1 Like

Just contacted samscene3d today through their Facebook page. They were so kind to offer me to download the non-msfs marketplace version of their products and it works perfectly. I would like to say sorry to them because I blamed them in this thread for this issue. Now I am sure that this is 100% MS/Asoboā€™s fault. So Iā€™ll avoid buying addons in the msfs marketplace as much as possible. Lastly, thank you so much for creating this useful topic!

2 Likes

Today the loading problem appears again even the non-marketplace versions of HK city times and Macau were used. I just found a function in MSFS Addons Linker which checks if the addons have the same file names, which might cause potential problems. Here are the results:

As you can see there are multiple files in SamScene3Dā€™s HK city times and Macau sharing the same file names. I donā€™t know if this really relates to the loading or CTD issue, but the link provided by the addon checker function might give some hints:

Is there anybody who also has the loading problem even using the non-marketplace version?