SamScene3d NYC with VR a no go? G2 + 3080 + 10900k

Curious if anyone has been able to run this with the g2 headset with success… i can get around 28-30 fps with minor studders using the default NYC. (MR is on, openxr at 65%, TAA at 100%)

If i add in this scenery it becomes 9 to 15 at best.
Guessing its a no go ?

1 Like

9-15 when you usually get 28-30 fps, somethings not right.
I have that scenery, ive noticed very little to zero fps loss. Using pimax 8kx i get about 25 there.

1 Like

Thanks thats what im wondering so it sounds as if something is wrong. I have MR on though, but cant really fly without it.

Yeh deffo something wrong, but I don’t think MR will affect things? I’m not sure what to suggest to try fixing it. Did u buy on orbx? If so, they have a forum u could try. I don’t think samscene have a forum, you could try their email though.

I got it via the in sim app store in this case

Thats because you’ve got the default version installed that has 4K textures. Its a total FPS killer. There is a version that has 2K textures and it looks totally identical and has no noticeable performance hit.

If you contact them and say you’ve a performance issue they’ll then send you a link to download the 2K texture version. They’re very helpful and will sort you out quickly.

Ahh, i hadnt realized there was one with 2k textures, ill definitely do that. Thanks for the tip

Yeh Mobias7 is right, samscene did an update recently, they sent me an email about it on nov 8th:

" New York City Times updated to V1.1

1. It improved the frame rate for some users."

With a download link to the updated scenery, did u get that email? If not, contact them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.