San Diego

Melted from the heat

1 Like

I’ve seen this in many areas. I guess it’s a general bug and not tied to San Diego. Should be fixed in the future as it’s really obvious.

There is also this giant multi tree in Sea World, is that real?

I didn’t spot the whales, must be hiding :slight_smile:

Plenty of melting scenery in SF:

This one is my favorite. Fisherman’s Wharf is a scene of utter destruction:

1 Like

I don‘t think this is a bug. It‘s the downside of photogrammetry. It only looks great from a certain distance. It’s the same in Bing Maps or Google Earth. When you zoom in that closely, it looks rubbish (although GE seems to have better resolution in general).

1 Like

It’s not a bug, it’s a product of photogrammetry. It looks good from a distance but not close up, because it relies on optical illusions and such. Get too close and you break the illusion.

from afar, these are also formless ruins

That’s why I switched off photogrammetry for now until it matures more. The ai buildings are of very high quality and look very good. Not to mention they have the dynamic night lighting that changes during the course of the night (the later it is the less lights are to be seen). Downside of course is the accuracy of buildings that aren’t handcrafted. But that never bothered me before. Main thing is that the overall city is believable and represents the biome. That certainly is the case right now with almost any ai-produced city.

The problem is, it’s hard to tell what the actual state of the terrain is because photogrammetry depends on streaming. Bandwidth fluctuates constantly, server load changes constantly, etc. If for whatever reason the whole load of data can’t get through to you as fast as needed, you get incomplete results at that moment in that place, but maybe a few miles further on everything looks fine as streaming conditions improve. Or maybe that area just looks like crap anyway. But you have no way of knowing.

This, I think, is the best solution right now, unless you have a fat pipe and just want to look at the places with the best photogrammetry. I agree that the autogen buildings in general are quite good and turning off photogrammetry saves bandwidth for other things, like live weather.

Will everything be loaded on pause?

I honestly don’t know. I do know you can pre-download user-selected areas to the manual cache while not flying, so you might want to give that a try.

How can you tell photogrammetry is working.

This looks awesome

Yet London was pretty meh

Most of the buildings seem to be shaded only like the tower of London

Btw that did not end well. Some kind of invisible force field on the bridge :confused:

PORTLAND :fearful:

Houseboats.

Don’t worry, I’m sure it is coming.

maybe not a bug but as you say a product of photogrammetry. An incorrect and ugly product. So basically they need to work on Azure to “fix” or rather improve it. Same all over Florida. I wanted to do some flights from and to Fantasy of Flight in Polk City but the whole area looks ridiculous. They just HAVE to work on it.

Well, it’s correct for its intended purpose of looking good when flying no lower than the law allows.

Also, it’s bandwidth-dependent unless you pre-cache an area. The lower and faster you fly, the more high-quality stuff (as in bigger files) you need at a faster rate. If this exceeds what your pipe can do at that moment (your internet speed is never constant), you get lower-quality stuff.

Bottom line: don’t expect things to look very good if you fly too low. I don’t see this changing for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

hm I understand… we’ll see what future brings but right now it looks pretty stupid even from 1000ft height with a 200k connection. :no_good_man:t2: