Save custom external cameras

Hi folks I cannot see anywhere to save a custom external camera, the internal cockpit cameras no issues but I cannot find where I would do it for external views.

Any ideas folks ?

Hi guys,

It would be nice to have our custom view saves anywhere, not just in the cockpit.
This way we can make proper wingviews from both sides and other views similar to showcase presets.
The current default camera doesn’t allow us to make any custom saves outside of the cockpit unfortunately.

If any 3rd party addon creator is watching this, something like x-camera from XP11 would be nice.
Or if the DEVs read this, please improve the camera.
It’s a bit jerky and has many issues.

6 Likes

I heavily concur. Not being able to save a custom view from outside the cockpit sucks pretty bad. Also i’m unable to even save a custom view from all spots inside the cockpit. Several of the planes won’t let you move the camera to the back of the cabin… wtf

4 Likes

Please add the ability to allow for the quickview to function outside of the cockpit! I love my wing views and its a struggle with the current camera system

We really need global custom camera views, meaning we can have 10 save slots from ANY camera mode. External, drone, cockpit, wherever we want, but saved to one global set of saves. so we don’t have to switch modes, just hit the load slot key.

Custom external cameras have not yet been implemented. Only custom cameras at this time are for the cockpit. I have moved your post to the #self-service:wishlist subcategory.

1 Like

Awesome thank you, BTW an in game category relating to UI and operations of the sim would be an awesome addition to this forum.

I was a little confused as to where I needed to post this so yes something along the lines of Sim Operations

As the Sim ages people will be discussing operating the Sim rather than bugs as the bugs will get less over time.

Just my thoughts, thank you :airplane::+1::pray:

Hey @SirMaxxi. Thank you very much for your suggestions. Will certainly add your voice to the mix as we consider new subcategories going forward. Blue skies!

1 Like

Why does this only have 3 votes and how is this still not a thing? Saving external views should be there by default. Another MSFS head-scratcher for me.

1 Like

The option to create 10 custom views in the cockpit is great, but not sufficient. Please

*make the external views customizable (as well as the cockpit views)

• and expand the amount of custom-views

that would be great :pray: :star_struck:

2 Likes

Exactly, my custom viewing experience will be based on my ultrawide screen, that in itself is a reason to make it custom per user as each persons viewing needs are very specific, this is an obvious feature that is a common sense feature…please Asobo add it now!

Also, fix the toggles for internal/external cameras. I still get confused. If you hit END then you need to hit END to go back to the cockpit? But if you hit INS then you need to hit INS to go back? I’m not sure, I just keep clicking things until I get back to where I want to be.

3 Likes

Hi all are we ever going to be able to edit the fixed external aircraft views .
Or even better create our own and save them under custom cameras .
I know there is a way to do it by tricking the sim that you are inside but you get positioned outside to save external views under cockpit views.
But with the Prosim737 flight model you can’t do it because there is no aircraft in the cockpit view .
So why can’t we have this ?

1 Like

Could we please get options on Xbox to customize our default exterior view as well as the ability to add extra custom exterior views? Options such as distance from aircraft, zoom level, vertical and horizontal adjustments, and camera angle would be phenomenal. It’s been a bit of a pet peeve of mine that I can’t set up my exterior view the way I’d prefer. Some aircraft feel too far away, and sometimes I’d like to lower the view and angle. It’d be REALLY nice to customize that for each aircraft.