Save default VR cockpit view

Every time i enter a plane in VR I have to adjust the viewpoint down and over to the right a little.

It wold be nice to be able to save this position so its permanent with a key command. When we press Camera Reset, it resets to this new viewpoint. I know you can manually alter values in a config file but this is tedious for most people.

I can adjust my view position in VR cockpit, but generally it is not matching with the “physical” and visible position of the pilot’s seat. In X-plane there are some aircraft in which I can adjust in VR cockpit the position of the seat itself. I can slide it forward or backward and sometimes up and down. This feature really adds much to the immersion, because I sit exatly in the right position in my seat and the cockpit.
I know, in 2d it does not matter, but in VR it would be very important.

DCS has this feature and it’s very handy

I didn’t find a way to save or “remember” my seat position in VR when I reload the sim. It’s always a bit off and I need to re-adjust everytime.

I don’t want to have to edit a cfg file for this.

thanks!

OMG, yes please.

Seems like a really obvious quality of life change for them to make.

Thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like

Not sure this is possible. Given that your head is the position of the camera I don’t think the game has anyway to tell where you really are in relation to the plane other than to centre the cockpit when you look forward and press space. Some planes, I am almost in the right position but in most I am too far back and a little low. The world scaling issue probably doesn’t help either.

Thinking about this from a comical point of view, given that it’s VR you could launch the game, be sitting inside your cockpit, but if you’re running wirelessly with your headset, you can literally get up and walk off and go wherever you like. If you then save your camera position standing outside of the plane next to Gate 4 at Heathrow just behind a baggage cart, when you come back in to the same plane but in a different place and load your saved camera, does it put you back behind the baggage cart at Gate 4 in Heathrow? Or am I overthinking this

Ahah that’d be pretty funny indeed!

Actually let me explain what I meant:

1- enter VR mode in the airplane
2- push the button that is mapped on the keyboard for “reset view” = for me, always too far or too close
3- replace yourself at your physical desk, then correctly in the VR cockpit (up/down/back/forward)
4- hit “save current default view” (that’s what I’m looking to have implemented)
5- fly

Next time you reload that particular airplane in your usual physical position for simming, you hit the key [equivalent to your mapping that you set in] 2, and it loads the view as you saved it in 4.

You would obviously need to do that in every plane once but after that you’re pretty much always at the right spot!

I think this is pretty feasible for them!
(fingers crossed)

1 Like

As a workaround I mapped “center position"to a yoke button, and then I use VoiceAttack profile to actually say “move seat forward” or “move seat up”, and that does it. Normally only one or maximum 2 commands are needed to get to the right position. What also helps is I lean back in my chear, then hit “center” button, then seat normally. That mostly gets me to the correct position (it’s too far by default for my taste”). After that I only sometimes need to say, for example, “move seat up” once, or “move seat forward” once to get to the ideal position.

My thinking is though that your “sitting position” will not be the same every time, especially height and forward and back positioning. So in order for this to work when you press your default position control, if you’re higher or lower, forward or back, it’s going to change when you sit up or move anyway so you will have to reposition the camera. Again, I might just be overthinking this.

no no no, that’s the beauty of it!

Your default position is airplane specific!

Hence the reason why you would need to save the seating position once for each aircraft and that’s it!

4 Likes

Hello,
Feature requests go in Wishlist. I have moved your bug report into Wishlist.

any update on this? tried both ‘save home cockpit camera’ and ‘vfr pilot view save’ but both just screw up my default 2d view.

Sorry but 
 I m glad I m not the only one with this Problem. I always thought I would do something wrong in VR.

Had to vote for this.

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

The pilot position is way off in VR. So much so that I can’t correct it by moving my head far enough to offset it, as my flight controls on the desktop prevent me moving my head far enough.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Go into the sim with the Jenny selected. Enter VR mode. My viewpoint goes to the far left (almost outside the aircraft) and almost touching the instrument panel.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

I don’t think it is relevant as this is the only aircraft that has the problem.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Ever since the anniversary update

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

In addition to the default position, I’d also like to be able to change and save my “camera pitch” rotation (head up/down), per aircraft (mainly for tail-draggers).