Save live weather snapshot

I think it would be handy to be able to save a snapshot of the current location live weather.

Sometimes, the live weather conditions are more interesting and complex than the simple preset ones, and I can never be bothered (lazy!) to set up complex weather manually. So if I find myself flying in interesting weather, it would be good to be able to save it and reload it again another time.

I usually like to fly VFR and if live weather isn’t suitable then it would be great to be able to load complex weather situations like this. The presets are too samey.

That’s actually a good idea! There’s been several times when I loaded a flight with Live Weather that I wished I could save it to reuse.

If you haven’t done so already, file a zendesk ticket for Feature Request:

Sometime when flying with live weather, there are such a beautiful clouds. But it is impossible to record the settings of the live weather to resume as a preset at another time with the same cloud settings. Myabe somewhere in the simulator folder where is a real-time weather setting file. But it will be easier to save the weather as a preset. Because it is nearly impossible to recreate manually such a beautiful clouds settings.

Well weather is constantly changing like music - you cannot “snapshot” music on a single note - likewise weather - the wind moves clouds, the thermals form clouds that should later dissipate, the day has it’s natural weather cycle - turns to night and decreases turbulence. “Still weather” would be artificial - way better would be to be able to record locally live weather from some region (like terrain caching) in some time range and to be able to refly it - as a RL glider pilot that would be awesome - as in the winter for half of the year I just won’t have suitable thermal weather in Europe - just when I would like tu use the sim the most.
BTW there is also similiar wish: Historic Weather (as second timeline) - #116 by Susu986

I also think that when we turn off “Live Weather” it should use a snapshot to just enable the sliders on the current conditions, rather than defaulting to “Clear Skies”.

That way we could take current local conditions that are just too bad to fly, and just dial the wind down a bit so that we can go up.

Is this a different enough request that I should start a new thread?