Save settings locally

Have the possibility to save our settings locally; which would allow us to go back and restore them.

1 Like

Due to the frequently “loss” or modification of the simulator settings I suggest to include this simple option.
Find the personal and optimal setup require a lot of time and often after updates I found randomly modifications to correct.

I.e.: change of mouse, keyboard, joysticks assignement; change of optimized graphic settings etc.

And also in case of reinstallation.

I think it’s not so hard to include a “save/load settings” option.

Bye

1 Like

Voted.

Cloud settings aren’t reliable, and don’t save everything so having both options would be really good.

As the title indicates - we need to be able to save/restore settings so that after an update like SU9, we can be sure that we have the exact same settings as before to test with. Also, we could share some test files from each other. Also, we could use a given set of settings for various conditions like complex or medium scenery, nigh or day, high altitude or low flybys, etc…

Hello,

i know the Keybindings are saved in the cloud.
But it would be nice if we could save ours to a File.
Maybe we have to reinstall MSFS, then we could import the Keybindings we have done before.

Thanks
Matthias

Hello,

last time i get a tip of another user to delete the saved settings in the cloud.
I dont think about to have a look before in my settings and did that.
After that all was gone, all settings, keybindings and all other settings i did.

That was really annoying !!

Please add a possible way to save the settings locally

Matthias

I can only speak with specific information concerning the game when bought from Steam but all settings files are saved locally and then backed up / checked against the cloud when running / closing the game. I don’t see this being any different with the MS Store version. Files you might want to look for…

UserCFG.opt
inputprofile_xxxxxxxxx
profile_00
localprofile
kh_logbook
kh_persistentmissiondata

Some of these are not strictly settings files but saved information you might want to keep backups of.

Edit: Should probably clarify…

inputprofile_xxxxxxxxx

…all the x’s are numbers.

1 Like

Hello,

thanks for that tip.
I read about a file called “inputprofile_xxxxxxxx”, but i have the AppStore Gamepass Version and until now i did not found this file.
I think there are the Keybindings saved …

Matthias

Yes, the inputprofile relate to any devices you have created a custom profile for. If you have the game on Steam the files are located in the main Steam install location…

X:\Path\To\Steam\userdata*ANumberForYourSteamProfile*\1250410\remote

For MS Store purchases they’re probably in some obscure path relating to the store, possibly in appdata/local.

Request:

• The ability to save all the game’s settings, preferences, registry settings, and other game metadata that is normally saved in the cloud to the local machine.

• The ability to restore these saved settings when, for whatever reason, the installation goes all pear-shaped.

• The ability to select an “autosave” feature, set up similarly to the existing Windows System Restore, that automatically saves periodic snapshots of the game’s configuration, profile, settings, and metadata as a sequence of saved “game restore points”.

Why is this important?

1. Game preferences and settings can and do become corrupted.

2. Users can, and do, inadvertently set game settings that are inappropriate with no way to recover them.

• Inadvertently removing or resetting a complex controller profile.
    • Inadvertently removing or resetting other game preferences.
    • This is especially important for users who may not speak English as their native tongue.
  3. Reinstallation does not always recover the game’s settings as they existed prior to the reinstall.

1 Like