Saving Current Position

In the old Flightsim you could save the flight with the name of default and the next time you opened FS it would load the last save. That way it was just one continious flight.
Can that be done in 2020?

Rafone

2 Likes

Yes you can do that by saving a flight from the pause menu

It seems that I can save the file but when I try to reopen FS crashes back to the desktop.

1 Like

Notwithstanding all the complaints about everything, file saving and loading strike me as the only truly “unfinished” aspect of the sim. This is evidenced by the way it suddenly takes you outside of the beautiful modern interface into a default Windows dialog box and forces you to manually choose the file type. I have a sneaking suspicion this might be on the list for the next version. Or at least it’ll have to change before the Xbox version.

2 Likes

When I do this, it loads up the time and weather from when I originally saved it, and doesn’t let me switch it back to the current time and weather.

confirmed here

Two and a half years later this still can’t be done. Wouldn’t this be “as real as it gets”?

Yes, this is an annoying aspect which seems to not be on the agenda to fix. I sim on Xbox, and after loading in a saved flight, the toolbar and VFR map are missing. Also, it loads back in with saved weather and does not allow you to switch to current live weather.

Also a huge annoyance for me, this lack of editable save.

Im still baffled as to why weather and time control are locked when you load a saved flight.

There is a workaround to this that does the job well ( see link below) and its easy to do but it just makes you ask - why not bake this into the game anyway?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.