SC Designs F-16 console release date?

Any microsoft employees here that can give us an update on the console release date of the SC Designs F-16? All we know so far is that it’s in the hands of the Microsoft team and has been. I need this in my life :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, i have the same question. How long does it take bringing/testing aircraft from first release to the marketplace especially Xbox. Same question for F-35.

Be patient my fellow console simmers, SDK + Xbox restrictions are slowing down the 3rd party aircraft release flow, Asobo and Microsoft are working on the quirks and will eventually release all the 3rd party aircraft that was submitted for the xbox. Just have patience!

That will be quite the aircraft upload when it’s fixed I imagine lol.

As for F16 scdesign replied to my email and said that it will be in February.

I’m super excited for this to release also, my fave jet by miles

1 Like

Thats odd… I think that was more of a guess. The official FB post and responses from SC Designs on MSFS groups had been “idk” as they refuse to give a definite date as Microsoft has not released one to them yet. Unkess they announce that today, I’d have to not out my money on that until they go public with it.

yes i am excited too especially that the F22 from bredok3d had bad reviews amoung simmers. hopefully they will update the product for those who paid 20 bucks for it (very high price for what it is i can say).
Products from Sc design have always been very good to fair so lets wait for this. Especially for xbox users who do not have any other source of aicrafts beside the marketplace.

You consider 20 dollars a very high price when the DC6 was 54.99 USD? what?

1 Like

yes i agree DC design have higher prices but even 20 is same price as typhoon which is an aircraft i like

but regardless of the price the graphics of the f22 were below expectations and certainly below the eurofighter typhoon (sold by the same developer)

Another F-16? Someone is really making a second F-16 DLC?
But why?

No. I believe the question is when will the current f16 be available to the marketplace, so that people can fly it on Xbox.

On the subject of price - the SC Designs F-16s are about $33. However, there are three distinct versions in the package, making them effectively $11 each. The DC Designs F-15 Eagles are $40 for the package, but there are four distinct aircraft in the package, making them effectively $10 each. The DCD F-14 Tomcats are also $33, with two airplanes in the package… you get the idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

Everyone has creative differences this is where people get releases wrong you’ll hear people boast “because you keep buying these planes they keep putting trash on the marketplace id rather wait for a real f16 or f22!” Which is absolutely ridiculous seeing as how one is made completely different from the other I’ve told people many times I’d purchase another f22 if they released it because they will be so different yet so similar being a f22 it’s personal preference unless your getting a mscenery quality plane everything else should be up to standard or getting updated up to standard just how they imagined it would be great variety and quality difference

There is only one real F-16… :wink:

The Tomcat came out in early August for Third party websites. Market release for Xbox and PC was about a month later. IIRC, the F16 was submitted for approval in the first week of January. I need this pane too. Auto Trim + custom external tank configurations including conformal ones! Unless the Super Hornet gets some love from Asobo, I may never touch it again. I love the Tomcats and Eagles but Im not a fan of adjusting trim all the time. The AI auto trim assist option doesn’t seem intuitive enough for different levels of thrust.

The Thunderbirds use F16s and the Blue Angels use F18s for good reasons. That unstable rear center of gravity is amazing for aerobatics. Reduced pilot workload from FBW systems. Also both are rather fuel efficient compared to their peers. Even their afterburner fuel flow is typically about half as much as most other fighters.

Just be warned - it’s quite easy to get into go into a 9+ G turn and … if you enable the realism options in the sim … black yourself out. :wink:

The F-16 is a great plane in the sim, though. Fast, easy to fly, maneuverable as heck and just a lot of fun all around.

1 Like

I play with pretty much everything realism except for 3rd person hud. I like me a third person sexy Aeroplane sometimes. Plenty of low split S resulting loss of consciousness before I learned these things. The dang Hornet we have feels like its using an anti stress configuration in its flight computer so it cant do proper high AOA. This sometimes has its own FCS option or turns off when master arm is on. Its a part of some modern fighters to extend the life of airframes by reducing unnecessary degradation outside of combat and training. I doubt this is an explanation for its in game performance, but I like to think so. Biggest problem is it runs out of gas so fast if you actually want to travel. The Viper cant come soon enough.

i remove my previous posts because i have tested the f22 raptor by bredok3d and i have to admit that it is a good one, perfectly flyable and not that bad after all. graphics i agree are a bit on the down side but can be corrected by future updates (btw you have to zoom on it to see the imperfections)
Cant wait also for the f16 by sc design with should land on console this month