Scenery loading in squares directly below me

I’m having a problem when flying in (over) Vancouver BC Canada. The base scenery is there but the higher detail doesn’t appear until I’m right over the spot (and it appears in square chunks). If I fly over the same spot again it does the same thing. I have very fast internet, nothing in my community folder and a quick computer. I doesn’t happen in other cities. What could the problem be?

2 Likes

I used to get this but it has been better lately, not sure if their servers or something local. What’s your rolling cache set to?

I realise this happened on me too.
But if I recall correctly, it just happened yesterday, flied over populated city, maybe server issue.
At least since SU6 it didn’t happen until yesterday.

Play this sim 2-3 times a week.

Are they quite small tiles? I noticed a horrible tiling issue in the Nordics. (Have not tested since SU6 dropped so don’t know if it was ever fixed or if Asobo think that’s just fine)

Could this be a latitude thing?

I can confirm this issue. I thought it was night lighting at first. When I first noticed it was Norway at night and the grid was tiling very small radius around my plane. However over Mexico I noticed the same thing on Live weather during the day. The only difference was when flying up higher the grid had a much larger loading radius below. You could clearly see it was not matching the rest of the imagery though.

This issue seemed to resolve itself the next day when I flew the flight again. I have not been back to Norway to retest. However I have seen this issue a few times now. Never saw this on WU6. I think the higher you fly the larger the radius and when it happens on the ground the radius is very small.

I’ve had happen in Vancouver, small grids redrawing. Happens to me when taken off from St Barts, small squares on the water right after the runway

Maybe this is related to the game servers issue with weather and other online services.

Thanks for all the responses! It’s not a critical issue since I only get it in Vancouver -but since I live near here I’d like to have it working better. (The latitude here is about 49 deg) I’ve just done a complete reinstall and the problem persists. I’ve tried lowering all the graphics settings as far as they’ll go but it still occurs. I’ll try shutting off live weather and see if that helps. I have a Vancouver Add-On that I’ll put in the Community folder, maybe that will improve things. Other than that, I guess I’ll just wait for it to correct itself.

My rolling cache is currently set to the default 8GB. I bumped it up to 32GB but it didn’t help so reinstalled the Sim and left it at 8GB.

This strange. I fly in and out of YVR constantly. Took me a while to get the downtown core to load far enough out that the PG wasn’t melted but since then I have not run into any tiling or reduced detail.

Have you tried messing with the precache setting?

I live in Surrey and I noticed the same tiles when i land at langley the grass changes drastically in squares… I will try YVR see what happens.

At what altitude is this happening?

My standard performance test after each update is;

• Baron
  • depart CYVR
  • direct to Stanley Park 3000 ft
  • direct to SFU 3000 ft
  • direct cement plant 2000 ft
  • land YVR

Have only ever noticed the slow loading PG.

It happens quite close to the ground, 0-500 feet. I haven’t tried it flying or hovering higher. It doesn’t happen at YVR - when I fly from YVR to the downtown Vancouver and Stanley Park area it starts to happen about half way there. It doesn’t change the buildings, just the low shrubbery, grass and things right on the ground. (parking lots and cars)

I tried flying higher and the problem goes away -so it seems that in the areas where the problem actually occurs, it only occurs below 500ft.

If it looks like it does here, it’s an issue that appeared in WU5.

Thanks for the videos. Yes, that’s how it looks. ( I’m glad that I’m not the only one seeing this) -I still haven’t found a work-around so I guess I’ll live with it until some future update accidently fixes it.

1 Like

Will increasing the terrain LOD help?

Entitet Scandinavia is pretty much like this after WU Scandinavia, not been fixed yet, very disappointing.

Same issue in the north of germany, the ground textures poping up… terrible…

1 Like

I use AMD Adrenalin software, a 1080p monitor and I run everything at ultra with the terrain LOD and scaling set at absolute max. I’ve tried lowering everything to basic levels with no improvement. I’ve tried different Radeon software packages with no luck.
Maybe I can narrow down what I’m doing incorrectly (if anything) by finding out what others are doing correctly -Does flying over these buggy areas actually work OK for anyone?