Scrapyard Monster Racing | Maasai Mara Safari Track, Africa

Planned a little mid-week race in the Scrapyard Monster at one of the tracks I have created if anyone wants to join! Lord Frites is gonna be there to show how to really fly this thing (although, he’s not that good so I think anyone else can really win!)

Scrapyard Monster Racing | Maasai Mara Safari Track, Africa | Wed 21 June

We welcome you to join us for a suitably CRAZY RACE with the crazy Scrapyard Monster!

This is a technical and twisty safari sprint race that will require all your skill to stay within track boundaries. Let’s see who can push the Scrappy to her limits and lead the pack?!

• AIRCRAFT: Scrapyard Monster
• DATE & TIME: Wednesday 21st June 2023 at 19:00 UTC / 20:00 UK / 21:00 CEST <t:1687374000>
• SERVER: West Europe
• MEET AT: HK0A, Mara Serena, Kenya (see mod links below)

BRIEFING:
• Take-off to the west for a clockwise circuit, runway 27.
• You will need to slow down for some of the turns on the river parts of the courses, but this should open up nice overtaking opportunities for the most • skilled pilots that can push to the limits without crashing.
• Flaps can help to get fast entries and to get through the tightest of the turns.
• We will probably run 2 timed races. First in the clockwise direction, then regroup and do a second race in the opposite direction (east take-off).
• Join the Flying Fries Discord voice channel during the event. Discord
• Watch out for elephants!

PLEASE INSTALL THESE REQUIRED MODS

(^^^ free scenery, but needs the iniBuilds Manager to install)

2 Likes

Just a few screenshots of what to expect - but with more than only one plane, of course! :wink:

2 Likes

Hopefully!

Nice job on the shots, and the plane, and the props of course! :slight_smile:

Yes sir, I’m in…

1 Like

I hope I will don’t forget !!! I m actually trying & training the scenery ! see you tomorow :wink:

1 Like

Discord???

We will use Lord Frites Discord. So you have it or need an invite?

EDIT: Not sure if I can do this, but try this:

we just switches for east asia server, if someone want to join us, we are going the runway 9 start

I made a video of the last few laps! It was an extremely exciting close race with @LordFrites !!

1 Like

That made me dizzy. :crazy_face:

haha, must admit I was pretty wired after an hour and half of that!
Needed a nice relaxing flight with no tricks to wind down after this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hahah, that’s awesome! The dashboard view combined with the low altitude almost makes it look like you’re driving a car! Obstacles are siiiick, LordFrites certainly is creative. @Baracus250 do you have a schedule of all your racing events? I have the race-friends one, curious about the other events. Cheers!

Hehe yea it was very much like car racing. Hard braking and good racing lines were key and you could get into a nice rhythm “in the zone” :smiley:

No, the others are decided ad-hoc when I find something good. Which reminds me, I need to work out the next Wilga one!!

I’ll be doing more Scrapyard ones for sure but won’t be as regular. I’ll post here and my Discord and Flying Fries also when it’s decided :wink:

1 Like