Seafront Simulations or GAIST?

Seafront Simulations or GAIST?
Which is most recommended and are they compatible? Thanks

Don’t they have a different target group and product?

1 Like

GAIST every time. And with the real traffic which shouldn’t be too far away now, its a whole new level… And its free.

2 Likes

Well, to answer the second half of your original question:

They should not be “incompatible” as such but you have to accept that there is no logic to stop ships from the base sim traffic, Seafront added traffic and GAIST added traffic from driving through each other, so it might look a bit funky from time to time but I imagine it would be relatively rare to see except in particularly busy ports or channels.

Also you have to accept that each element will impact the performance a little bit (or a lot depending on your system), so you may find it struggles to cope - again especially in busy areas.

And to answer the first half of your question, GAIST is really good and as said, it’s free and developed with passion. I like the other region packs that Seafront Sims do focusing on populating small areas with mostly static but well varied boats and ships (I have a few of them) and I do use the AI traffic too but I’m going to switch to GAIST when the real-time thing gets released. If there are a lot of visual conflicts or performance problems running it all together then it’s bye-bye to Seafront Sims stuff sadly.

1 Like

Thanks. I went ahead and emptied my community folder of all seafront not even considering the two small areas I had that looked really good. Now I’ve got GAIST ultra with 2 routes. Thanks again

You can only really compare GAIST and Seafront’s Global Shipping and be warned here you’ll find a bit of an echo chamber for GAIST. It’s free and has been around a lot longer so of course has a larger base of vocal and at times militant supporters. Its also PC only whereas Global Shipping is on both platforms. Both are decent addons in their own way with their own upsides and downsides.

To be fair I’d say both developers are very passionate about what they do. You only have to see the scene setting in the regional sceneries Seafront do. Then consider they’re are just a husband and wife dev team compared with GAIST who is a team of various contributors, but led by Henrik over several years.

In terms of the other Seafront addons that are the core of their enhancement mods there’s no comparison to be made.

In which case removing them would be a bit pointless.

1 Like

Yes this ^^ in the main. You can’t really compare outside GS and GAIST and even then its only if youre comparing on one platform.

1 Like