Seafront Simulations - Vessels: UK South East

Thank you! We will be adding more areas next year. For now we are focused on optimisation across the product suite, any fixes to Global Shipping (Xbox) that we might need on our side and taking some time off for Xmas :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Out of interest, does this work alongside Bijans Islands & Boats at all? I’m tempted by both, but want to make sure they won’t conflict.

I run both as well as Global Shipping,no issues for me. I’m on Xbox btw

1 Like

Yes, no problems at all. In a couple areas in the southeast they will conflict, in that Bijan has also done boats around Shoreham and Brighton for example. As far as I can tell in such a situation the sim will assign one or other a higher priority and show that version instead. So you might get Bijan’s boats rather than Seafront’s in a couple of places. I didn’t notice.

Both add ons are great, but Seafront’s level of detail is exceptional. You need to fly low to really appreciate.

2 Likes

Excellent, thanks… I shall buy them later!

Anyone else having major main thread impact with this mod. I’m seeing drop by 5-10 fps with this enabled around Portsmouth/Goodwood area. All good without. FYI this is in VR and since SU9.

Hi @J1mb0G5751 - We are already working with Microsoft Asobo on this (which isn’t limited to the UK South East unfortunately). Something in SU9 has hugely increased the load on the CPU when it comes to AI Traffic. You’ll see that your frames restore with the Ship and Ferry traffic turned off - clearly not something we want to live with.

Separately we also have a new Vessels Core Library pack in the pipeline which will greatly improve the draw distance and performance across our sceneries. We hope to get that to you in the next couple of weeks pending MS/Asobo testing.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the swift response.

Love your products, so really good to hear an update is in the works!

Hi @SeafrontSims, after further testing I’m finding my main thread surge is mainly related to the extra objects (vessels packing the yatch clubs, ports, harbours, etc.) being drawn (or processed to be drawn)
by the UK South East addon only - I think the sim has issues with the inefficient way it handles these objects.

I don’t have any main thread issues with the ship AI traffic generated by Global Shipping and Enhanced AI - even with 2 x sliders set to 100.

It’s only when I enable the UK South East addon that main thread gets severely impacted - even with the 2 x sliders set to 0.

Would be great if there was a lite version of this mod that reduces the number of additional object being drawn - or ideally, the devs optimise the way they handle objects. :slight_smile:

I don’t own this, Channel Islands I do, Enhanced AI, and Anguilla St Martin St barts. I did as suggested and turned Ship and Ferry Traffic Off and did recover some FPS. Not back to SU8 levels, but that is an SU9 problem. I see a noticeable difference with Ship and Ferry Traffic on or off with these installed.

The next release of the Vessels Core Library will help with performance overall, however that was already in the pipeline anyway. The sudden change in experience with both models in harbours and AI traffic disproportionately impacting the CPU/Mainthread seems to be a result of changes in SU9. From reading other threads on this forum we can see we are not alone with the performance impact. We will continue to work with Asobo/MS in finding out when this will be fixed and will continue to update you all.

2 Likes

I guess you probably can’t go into the specifics, but do they know what it is they’ve done, was it intentional and is it easily rectifiable?

Hopefully the answers are Yes, No, Yes :blush:

Currently it is still being investigated. Once we have something concrete we will follow up. We will be rolling out a new version of the Vessels Core Library regardless. Our testing with the current development build shows a marked improvement in draw distance and reduced FPS impact. There is something else going on with SU9 though.

4 Likes

Hi guys,

Just wondering if you’re aware of Mamudesign’s global marina add on that uses autogen and open map data to autopopulate all the marinas in Europe, North America etc?

He said his add on is easy for you to exlude his from clashing with your sceneries, are you able to do that so that in areas you have covered, his autogen doesn’t clash with yours?

Hi @Kjaye767

Yes I’m aware and have contacted Frederico directly to congratulate him too. We will be adding the exclusion zones in our sceneries (the upcoming Hawaiian Islands scenery has them in already), but this will take quite some time to fit in retrospectively across all our sceneries as it’s a very manual task.

4 Likes

Ah great to hear, well the fact you are adding exclusions, not the extra work for you!

Are there any plans to extend this series with other UK coastal regions?

Hi @GigantPetz - Yes :slight_smile: I’d like to create the UK South West if the demand is there but I can’t say more at the moment.

6 Likes

Still an instant buy for me even with Mamu’s excellent global mod. I love all the real ship models in UK Southeast and for the price of an airport to have all the southwest expertly covered is well worth it to me.

I fly almost exclusively around the UK so having you cover the whole of the British Isles would be the dream.

4 Likes

That would be an instant buy for me as I live in the South West.

4 Likes