Seafront's Global Shipping on Xbox

Offering the same help. I’m an Xbox insider Beta participant and can assist in debugging if required.

@BiggusDiskus @Actionjax - Thanks for the kind offers. It’s actually getting it onto the Xbox dev/test platform that takes time as opposed to testing it once it’s there. MS are aware that this is a bottleneck currently. Hopefully something that will improve over time. Nevertheless, thanks again. :+1:

1 Like

If it is a problem on the Asobo side, then the update for it at best will come out with sim update 7 next month. Any code changes will have to go through beta testing to make sure it doesn’t break another part of the sim.

Are there any new news ?

Indeed. I am wondering too. I really want this addon so I did not get a refund. But the last we heard Asobo was investigating, no word if a solution has even been found as yet. It’s going to take time for an update to eventually get to the marketplace, so if we aren’t even at the solution phase of this after 3 weeks, I would kind of like to know

2 Likes

[UPDATE v 1.4.0] Vessels: Enhanced AI | Seafront Simulations - Third Party Addon Discussion / Product Announcements - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Yeah, I’m throwing a guess at it being another couple weeks at least given how slow the progress is on Xbox for anything.

Hi All,

Last week Asobo confirmed that they were now looking at this for us. As we are awaiting feedback we are not in a position to suggest how long fixes might take (either at our end or Asobo’s depending on the cause(s)) or when an update might be published to the marketplace. As such we continue to recommend that affected customers pursue a refund and then have the opportunity to repurchase in the future.

1 Like

I was waiting for it to come good but now you are suggesting we go for the refund concerns me. I will give it another week and see where we get to. Is it just a matter of emailing Microsoft or do I need a link?

Hi @Habit367

We are trying to fix this but are reliant on the sim engine engineers from Asobo to help diagnose it. As this could take a while we suggest Xbox’ers request a refund. When fixed it will be available for purchase again.

You can do so via the details in the above link also copied here for reference:

[UPDATE v 1.4.0] Vessels: Enhanced AI | Seafront Simulations

Please make sure you message the mods as described in the post too.

Thank you for the link, I will see what happens this week. Fingers crossed.

As long as it comes later, I won’t get my money back :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@SeafrontSims any update for xbox users ?

1 Like

Hi @Kuang129693, there are one or two people from Asobo looking into it at the moment. We are told that more resources will become available now that SU7 is out.

4 Likes

Hi

I bought global shipping and enhanced Ai for the xbox when it was released. It seemed to work a little as I did see a oil tanker off the coast of honolulu that was moving. Then both packages dissapeared off my contents. I was told to get a refund off Microsoft though I was happy to wait as I really want this feature for my flight sim experience. Does anyone have any updates on when this will be rectified.

1 Like

I don’t suppose there’s anymore developments on the progress of re-release on Xbox? It’s been quite some time so far.

1 Like

The last update was from the 27th of October. It appears on XBox the boat traffic slider is not working, which is also effecting this package.

If I had to guess, this will have to be fixed by Asobo, but it isn’t one of the hotfixes listed. I would guess we aren’t going to see the fix for it until the February Sim update.

Hi @RandyFlagg9653 @tgbushman - There are two separate issues:

Enhanced AI is almost certainly affected by the lack of AI ‘wanderboats’ in the Xbox version, although we haven’t to date had an acknowledgement of that.

Global Shipping seems to be affected by something different - we don’t know yet what it is but are testing different theories ourselves.

The issues have been allocated to a sim engine developer but they are in high demand and we understand they are working through SU7 fixes. That said, we are not waiting entirely on Asobo’s assitance, in addition to previous internal tests we are still trying different things here. There’s a bit of a delay in having Microsoft upload them for us to test but we haven’t stopped trying what we can whilst we await analysis from Asobo. We do however still recommend those affected on Xbox pursue a refund as we don’t know how long it will take to fix and we don’t have a commitment from anyone on re-introducing wanderboats.

2 Likes

I’m not worried. I know it will get fixed. It’s an enhancement I want, so I just look at it like a preorder. I love my islands and southeast UK by the way.

2 Likes