Seafront's Global Shipping on Xbox

Thank you for the link, I will see what happens this week. Fingers crossed.

As long as it comes later, I won’t get my money back :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@SeafrontSims any update for xbox users ?

1 Like

Hi @Kuang129693, there are one or two people from Asobo looking into it at the moment. We are told that more resources will become available now that SU7 is out.

4 Likes

Hi

I bought global shipping and enhanced Ai for the xbox when it was released. It seemed to work a little as I did see a oil tanker off the coast of honolulu that was moving. Then both packages dissapeared off my contents. I was told to get a refund off Microsoft though I was happy to wait as I really want this feature for my flight sim experience. Does anyone have any updates on when this will be rectified.

1 Like

I don’t suppose there’s anymore developments on the progress of re-release on Xbox? It’s been quite some time so far.

1 Like

The last update was from the 27th of October. It appears on XBox the boat traffic slider is not working, which is also effecting this package.

If I had to guess, this will have to be fixed by Asobo, but it isn’t one of the hotfixes listed. I would guess we aren’t going to see the fix for it until the February Sim update.

Hi @RandyFlagg9653 @tgbushman - There are two separate issues:

Enhanced AI is almost certainly affected by the lack of AI ‘wanderboats’ in the Xbox version, although we haven’t to date had an acknowledgement of that.

Global Shipping seems to be affected by something different - we don’t know yet what it is but are testing different theories ourselves.

The issues have been allocated to a sim engine developer but they are in high demand and we understand they are working through SU7 fixes. That said, we are not waiting entirely on Asobo’s assitance, in addition to previous internal tests we are still trying different things here. There’s a bit of a delay in having Microsoft upload them for us to test but we haven’t stopped trying what we can whilst we await analysis from Asobo. We do however still recommend those affected on Xbox pursue a refund as we don’t know how long it will take to fix and we don’t have a commitment from anyone on re-introducing wanderboats.

2 Likes

I’m not worried. I know it will get fixed. It’s an enhancement I want, so I just look at it like a preorder. I love my islands and southeast UK by the way.

2 Likes

Thanks @tgbushman the support and encouragement really helps :slight_smile: - We’re enjoying bringing the sceneries to you and hope to have some nice surprises for you all in 2022.

3 Likes

How would we even get access to them on release? Would they just show up as owned or uninstalled in the store and content manager? The flightsim credit system doesn’t itemize what exactly you bought when you go through order history. I really want these add ons but it looks really grim right now and no progress insight in the near future. Maybe refunds are the only option, even seafront keeps pushing for refunds. This is a really sad and disappointing situation :disappointed:

1 Like

Hi @RandyFlagg9653 - I’m not sure about the credit system but would have thought that it would show up again as ‘Owned’ in the store if you hadn’t got a refund already (maybe @SeedyL3205 and @Jummivana can help here?)

We are recommending refunds in order to protect our customers. Microsoft have told us this won’t affect their ability to repurchase at a later date so we think it makes sense. As you can probably imagine, we too are frustrated by the lack of Xbox release for these products. The fact that they ‘slipped through the net’ of testing makes it worse. You can see from recent experience of other developers that there are still some issues there.

However we haven’t given up on the Xbox releases and continue to develop and test internally. Getting an Xbox release is still a top priority for us at least.

5 Likes

The orders don’t show as a traditional receipt, so has created a debacle with proving what you’ve bought with your FlightSim Credits. What is it we’re dealing with here? An “Honour System”? I can imagine it’ll just show as a new product anyway in which you’ll have to push to buy. The link to it would be completely new and certainly not a reused old listing right? I dunno, Maybe I’m overthinking. The same issue is happening with PMDG’s DC-6, how are they going about it for re-release?

Everyone using Marketplace really needs clarity on this. This is why I’m kinda thinking we’ll have no other choice but to re-buy since the purchasing system really isn’t good.

1 Like

They didn’t remove the DC-6 from the content manager. So on Xbox I’m still able to fly it. Not sure how they will handle these add ons though.

Thanks for clarifying that, I thought they straight up removed it like they did these.

Hi @RandyFlagg9653 we have asked for clarification and received the following from Microsoft:

“We can tell what content customers purchased with their FlightSim credits. If we process a refund for a piece of content, customers will have to re-buy the same content at a later date if they decide they want to buy it once the content has been updated.”

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply and even remembering me. Has there been anymore progress on fixing the issue at all? I was really hoping for a little miracle in time for Xmas or at least my birthday next month. Are the chances looking good for a re-release sometime soon? I hope you keep nagging them about it, they have a duty to do something now they’ve taken people’s money.

We need much greater transparency, it’s unprofessional, specially now that other devs have products acting up as well.

2 Likes

I second that, is there any more updates to this add-on for I have paid and still waiting for it to work. thanks

I am really looking forward to this add-on for the enhanced AI and Global shipping. The sea looks boring without any ships. Hope that the fix can come soon!

3 Likes