Seafront's Global Shipping on Xbox

It’s tracked at the in game store. Think of it if you buy a gift card for a retailer at your local supermarket. They don’t know what you actually bought at the retailer. And no way they will refund you back if you didn’t like the shirt you bought for example. The retailer needs to refund you. In this case the retailer is Asobo/MS flight sim.

Except there is no gift card with a value - Just a mask of the actual goods being purchased to the person who swipes the credit card.

Not sure I can get my head around all that, but it’s certainly convoluted. I read an article on MS gift cards/codes a while back and it’s big business. Even bigger when people don’t redeem them after getting them as gifts(which happens a fair bit apparently). I really don’t get the virtual credits part though I mean they use my CC to buy enough credits to buy the item from their store. Yet the price is always listed in std local currencies. To me it’s bonkers.

Yeah, but you are talking about MS store/live subscription/game pass subscription gift cards. These can be found at a local store or bought digitally and a redeem code sent via email.

There is no such thing for flight sim credits or whatever they are called. They only seem to be used to encrypt your product purchase from the point of sale.

Hello everyone,

If you are experiencing issues with this addon on Xbox and would like a refund, please submit a Zendesk ticket. Once you have a Zendesk ticket created, please send a private message to both me and @Jummivana listing both your ticket number and your Gamertag and we will follow up with the Support team to ensure it is processed correctly.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

UPDATE (January 2022): Global Shipping is now working correctly on Xbox and is once again available. Per @SeafrontSims, please see the comment below:

Affected Xbox Customers that purchased Enhanced AI are still encouraged to request a refund for that product but as Global Shipping is now working on Xbox, users should be able to repurchase or find it already in their Owned content.

4 Likes

UPDATED 22nd Jan 2022 PLEASE READ

Vessels: Global Shipping is now fixed and working for Xbox :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: See more details here:

2 Likes

If I don’t want a refund, will I get both packages as soon as the repair is done? Or do I have to get a refund and buy again?

2 Likes

■■■■, I just created a ticket, I just want a fix not in a hurry for a refund. Sorry.

I’ve requested a refund for both items. Each as a separate ticket. And have messaged you and @Jummivana with the details.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Good question, I still want the goods, that’s why I bought them, obviously. This is getting complicated from what it looks. Do we actually have to re-buy stuff. It should get marked as owned though right?

I think if you want to keep it you don’t need to do anything, just wait for it to reappear in your “not downloaded” section of the content manager.

3 Likes

Just had a notification of a refund. Thanks to those involved in making it happen.

2 Likes

my refund request was denied due to reaching refund limit for the year, even though it is a faulty non functional item.

Do you ask for a lot of refunds?

when there is an issue with aa game and i am not happy, YES. Consumer rights? Been refuned now anyway.

Lol, there is a limit to how many refunds you can request?

The 737 was the first refund I requested in 20 years of being an Xbox live subscriber. I saw the reviews but was hoping the avionics black out bug would not extend to add-ons and requested the refund within a couple hours of purchase when I discovered the same bug and I couldn’t reliably fly from A to B in it.

I now wait for Xbox specific reviews of products before purchasing anything regardless of their quality on PC.

i will start doing that?

The overall point is if a game/Add on is faulty and has been pulled from the store by the devs then there should be no argument for a refund regardless how many you have. If you buy add on for example and do not like it then i can understand the refusal of refund.

Why not just check reviews before you purchase. makes life a lot easier. But hey to each their own.

Just like anything, there are some people who try to abuse the system and ruin it for everyone else.

I absolutely agree with you and am glad to see the devs doing the right thing. Kudos to the community managers too - probably above and beyond their typical roles.

The AA/sharpness issues seem to be well documented in other threads, but also seem to look better or worse depending on what TV you own. I have not seen this widely discussed in reviews, especially since the severity varies between users. I turned down the sharpness on my TV and it helped greatly but degraded overall image quality.

It may not be an issue for some but may be a deal breaker for others.