Seasons

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Your decision on how you spend your cash.

But in defence of the dev of the ā€œsilly cash grab seasons addon packā€, you obviously havenā€™t seen the amount of work going into it and the support he is getting from the forum. Not wishing to appear a ā€œfanboyā€ (horrible terminology) as some people on here refer to supporters, it is unlikely Asobo are going to produce anything like it in the forseeable future. Okay itā€™s not seasons in the true meaning but the visual changes it produces in the sum, with weekly updates, is in my mind worth a lot more than heā€™s charging.

5 Likes

As mentioned above:

Please keep 3rd Party addons out of the wishlist. Use #third-party-addon-discussion for this.

1 Like

I just finished the q&a, and nothing was mentioned about seasons. I know itā€™s been pushed back until 2022, but Iā€™m really hoping itā€™s sooner rather than later. The sim looks great as it is now, but flying in a summer environment year round is getting kind of stale.

I know thereā€™s a third party add-on for this, but it messes too much with the base trees and requires user intervention to switch between the seasons. A native system is desperately needed.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve noticed this as well and I agree. It would definitely give a whole new feel to the world.

2 Likes

Agree with u totally!

2 Likes

IMO a Native Season system is worth the wait, they started on it a while ago so hopefully will be ready by Q1 2022. I considered the mod, but honestly, having to manually change the folder to whatever season you plan to flight in seems pretty awkward and the fact that the mod would require you to turn off photogrammetry ā€œfor best resultsā€ is a big turn off for me.

I rather wait.

2 Likes

Several posts were removed from this topic. A reminder about this topic:

Please keep discussions concerning 3rd Party addons out of the wishlist. Use #third-party-addon-discussion for this.

1 Like

I am looking forward to seeing the msfs native seasons engine, I am actually pretty excited and fairly hopeful that it will be awesome.

3 Likes

Iā€™m using Bijanā€™s Seasons now which are good for what they are, but as they are fixed alternate colors for the different seasons they donā€™t offer the potential for a truly organic seasonal change, driven by such variables as elevation, latitude, and time of year. If Asobo can program shaders to do the work of having fall colors develop over several weeks, then as winter proceeds slowly leaves begin to fade and die, then drop off trees leaving decidious trees as leafless until the springtime when buds come and green leaves return they will have something truly special and wonderful to look forward to as the year progresses. It seems like this method would be quite resource-friendly as well. Please consideR voting for this at least to get Asoboā€™s attentionā€“if done well could really add a nice quality to an already amazing world.

Bijan (or company, often refereed to as a person rather than a company) is amazing much work adding incredible vegetation variation and so willing to improve and work to make the product better.

With great communication also.

Asobo should reach out and directly partner and quite frankly exploit this willing talent.

Content providers at this level deserve some sort of gold standard and inside lane on keeping this sim as beautiful and accurate as possible.

Ever thought that Bijan might be very happy with the status quo? I know if I was a talented developer Iā€™d want to keep my options open as long as possible :slightly_smiling_face:

I could understand there may be limits to what he or they want to do.

I just think it would be good for superior providers to be recognized in some way and be rewarded with information to help their products be the best they can be as soon as possible above all others who have not earned as much.

1 Like

Lol I somehow suspect Bijan is getting all the reward he needs :moneybag: His mods are extremely popular.

1 Like

Rightfully so

Edit: Iā€™m actually looking forward to spring, winter is generally boring and Iā€™m quite busy pushing white stuff around.

1 Like

Oh but back on topic, I think the biggest hurdle is trees without leaves currently as in winter in colder climates.

Iā€™m not so sure, as a bare tree is little more than a skeleton. I imagine they could be more fps friendly. Mind you a headache for antialiasing

Yes but the issue is do you have the mapping for the object behind the tree.

Eventually, I guess 2-3 years with Occams razor in and one shoe off weā€™ll combine space based photography and land based (street view) for a real living world but we arenā€™t nearly there yet.

Also we had a brilliant (fudge itā€™s gonna be cold tomorrow) copper and blue sunset tonight, yet to see a cold looking twilight in the sim.

I figure you would drop antialiasing except for the trunk and branches although I have no idea if thatā€™s possible.

1 Like

It comes down to if you have the information, leaves hide things, itā€™s the beauty of and hope of BlackShark AI

1 Like