Seeing your hands with quest 2

Hey there, I thought I saw a video of someone who had their hands showing with the quest 2 in Msfs2020.

I don’t need to interact using gestures, I just want to see my ghosted hands in cockpit as an overlay so I can find panel switches.

Is that possible with the quest2?

Tap the side of the headset twice, it enables the see through mode.

This is a nice option. Is possible only inside FS or in any app?
Need to activate this option somewhere?

Nope not possible in MSFS.

You need to enable “tapping the side of your head” in the Oculus headset’s settings >> experimental settings. I forget the exact name of the setting, but you’ll find it there. Works great in all apps.

Does it mean that you can move the cockpit buttons with your hands?

1 Like

Thanks so much

1 Like

Nope. It mean that tapping twice on headset you can see a ghost image about what you have out of your headset. Very useful if you have (like me) a radio shack or autopilot from saitek and you need sometimes to interact with it without leaving the VR from your face.

One thing you could experiment with is the “Bring desk into VR” feature. It means the outline of your desk will be highlighted in the cockpit. When I tried it was permanently highlighted which was annoying for me, but maybe worth taking a look. Its in the experimental features tab within settings.

I’d actually love an ability to setup some kind of a representation of my real life controls in VR, be that some kind of an outline or something. It might look weird to have a floating outline of a set of levers somewhere in a cockpit, but it would be helpful. I rely on muscle memory just fine, but I still fumble for controls from time to time. Having some kind of a visual representation where my levers and knobs are would be nice I think.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.