Select a seaplane/floatplane base on the map?

This may seem like very stupid question but I’m asking becuase I’ve never tried it before.

1. How do I select or search for a seaplane/floatplane base in the world map?
  2. How do I start the flight with plane already in the water, I mean for any such bases that support both seaplanes and amphibians?
  3. Also, are there any default seaplane bases or do all of them have to be add-ons?

There is an ability to filter out the different types of airbases. It comes under the “Filters” section. You might have to press “Space” for PC, I think, I’m on Xbox so it’s X or Y button.

As far as being able to start cold and dark at a seabase, there might be some free options available on flightsim.to but there aren’t any that I’m aware of that are in the default game. The default ones only have the option to start off on the “Runway” with the aircraft ready to go.

While on world map you can zoom-in in the selected area ,along the coasts or on lakes,and search for the seaplane port icon .The ICAO for many of them starts with : LLR- See pic:

Thanks guys. @RandyFlagg9653 so the addon seaplane bases allow for Cold & Dark start?

I’ve never looked too deep into it sorry, I’m Xbox and we can’t get freeware mods but I know there was at least someone out there who has done seaplane bases which were a little better than standard ones. I could be wrong but “possibly” alllowed for cold and dark start.