Selecting ILS approach overrides both Nav 1 and 2 frequency selections

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

2 tags are required: One for platform, and one for aircraft.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes

Which aircraft are you reporting an issue about? (Please also add the proper tag for it)

Cirrus SR22T G6

Which aircraft version are you experiencing this issue on? (You can find this listed in the Content Manager under the Aircraft Name)

Beta 1.37.8.0

Brief description of the issue:

Selecting an ILS Approach procedure will overwite both both NAV 1 and NAV 2 frequency already selected. So, if you are using VOR on Nav 2 as part of your navigation route it gets overwritten.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Enter a VOR frequency in Nav 1; within range you will see the station ID and can hear the morse code ident upon selecting NAV1 audio.
Do same for NAV 2; enter another valid VOR frequency within range.
Now enter Procedure, Approach and a valid ILS and witness both NAVs being overwritten.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Not relevant

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Unknown

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Removed from Bug Reports as 1.37.8.0 is a Beta version.

Hi @UppishWind75631,

Just so that I understand your report correctly, is it the fact that when entering in an ILS that both NAV 1 and NAV2 are overridden instead of just NAV 1?

Thanks
The MSFS Team

1 Like

Yes, I am unsure about the new G1000 Perspective+ functionality and automation i.e. is it suppose to automatically enter the ILS freq in both Nav radios? (I can’t find the source of information confirming this.)
In a scenario where you have the VOR freq entered for the missed approach on Nav 2 it doesn’t seem right to have that automatically overwritten by the ILS freq upon selecting “Approach”.

Can confirm it’s changing both NAV 1 and 2 freqs when loading an ILS approach.
Regards

Shot 1:
have two local VOR’s selected in the Nav 1 and 2 radios:

I’ve selected an ILS approach as shown, but not loaded at this point:

Once I loaded the ILS approach, it changes both nav freqs:

Great captures, thank you for that.

1 Like