Self Loading Cargo: fun for GA too...?

I am looking for an addon that gives my flying some meaning or a goal. OnAir and FSEcomony are way too complicated for what I want. NeoFly comes closer but also is a bit too restricted for my kind of use and at the same time already too complicated (to figure out what job to choose and so on). So someone pointed me towards Self Loading Cargo and somehow it seems to offer what I am looking for but… I don’t fly airliners…

Is SLC also interesting when you only fly the Cessna’s and the occasional TBM? Or would that be a waste of money? Any GA pilots here who do use SLC? I tried to find some video’s of SLC being used with GA but couldn’t find any.

I simply want something to give me the idea I am actually carrying cargo or moving passengers: just that idea alone makes straightforward flights a lot more fun (oddly enough… :wink: ).

EDIT
Hm, bummer… From the SLC site: “Self-Loading Cargo accurately simulates the internal layout of almost any aircraft, from an Airbus A318 to a Boeing 747 and everything in between.” So it’s not meant for GA.

Anyone here who knows about a similar addon that DOES work with GA?

BTW While I am at it: why is this addon named Self Loading CARGO if it’s only about passengers…? Just curious.

FSAIRLINES
https://www.fsairlines.net

When the addon originally came out I wondered about the name too.

But when you think about it, it is very apt.

Passengers are a type of cargo and do in fact load themselves :smiling_face:

I’ve read on the Discord that some people run SLC with the Caravan: anyone here who has tried it? Anyone here who knows where to find a video of SLC with the Caravan or any other GA?

I have it and thoroughly recommend it. Sorry I can’t tell you if it works with GA. when I start it up later I’ll have a look at the aircraft drop down list in app to see. Or you could email the guy who made it a with the question-he seems a decent sort steve@lanilogic.com

I asked a few questions on Discord: Steve was there and replied a question below mine but disregarded me. I’m sure he’s decent but apparently also very busy. Anyway, I’ll pass for now. Don’t want to buy this without seeing it in action.

Self loading cargo is an airline/passenger/cabin crew simulator. Various users have added sound packs for different airlines.

Below is a video for SLC with UA soundpack.

Steve, the dev of SLC, posted today that SLC focusses on airliners and that it will remain the focus: an upcoming update might make it a bit of more use for GA (lower cruise alt) but it certainly won’t become THE addon to get for GA. He even said that if your main way of flying is GA then you’d better not buy it. So I won’t.

1 Like

I use it with a 208 and a 930 and yes it’s focused around airliners, but it is passable and very immersive for GA aircraft too, plus the ability to add your own sound packs only expands on this.

TLDR:
Im not so keen on jets, only GA, I use SLC, love it :slight_smile: