September 28, 2023 Development Update Blog Discussion

Hello @BarerHarmony980,

Jorg addressed World Update regions/countries – and Brazil specifically – during the livestream yesterday. See the transcript from the relevant section below.

Anyways, like Brazil, everyone says, “What is wrong with you? Why do you have Brazil?” Well, that conversation started about two years ago, I would say. I’ve been trying to do what needs to be done to get Brazil 3D cities. It even went as far as me thinking about creating a new company, renting our own planes, buying our own cameras, and doing our own flatbed style. Why not? Now, that got some people’s attention. So, our main data provider believes they have a flyer that they can contract in Brazil. But just to set some expectations, you have to wait for the weather to be good. So, best case, we’re going to get planes over Brazil in January or February, somewhere in that range. Then it needs to get captured, the weather needs to be good, it needs to be constructed, reviewed, cleaned up, and then so does some stuff like replacing trees and cleaning up the meshes on their side. So, it takes months. So, with some confidence, I said in the feedback snapshot that Flight Sim World Update Brazil will happen for Flight Sim 2020. I think that’s true, but when exactly, which months and stuff, I have no idea. As soon as we can. And that is true for many, many, many places on Earth. Like, for example, when people said, “Are we working on Africa, South America, Asia, Middle East, yada, yada, yada?” Absolutely. There’s not a country we don’t work on. But when is the data to a point where it’s actually worthy of publishing? That’s a different question. So, you will see us going around the world, as I always said. But it’s going to take however long it’s going to take to get something really great.

So, I want Africa as much as everybody else. South America, for sure. Central America. Somebody said Caribbean. All these things will happen. It’s just not exactly clear to literally anybody when exactly that is. But we’re moving the ball forward on every single region.

(Emphasis added)

Thanks,
MSFS Team

19 Likes