September 28, 2023 Development Update Blog Discussion

Check out the latest Development Update here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

Note: for discussion about the ongoing issue relating to Sim Update 13 download/installation, please use the appropriate feedback thread.

3 Likes

…is anyone gonna say it? :joy:

edit: nevermind, I didn’t read close enough. My post was related to the complete absence of Marketplace updates but that’s on me! Shame!

Another European WU has been announced…So it seems probably no Brazil WU this year…

1 Like

Hello @BarerHarmony980,

Jorg addressed World Update regions/countries – and Brazil specifically – during the livestream yesterday. See the transcript from the relevant section below.

Anyways, like Brazil, everyone says, “What is wrong with you? Why do you have Brazil?” Well, that conversation started about two years ago, I would say. I’ve been trying to do what needs to be done to get Brazil 3D cities. It even went as far as me thinking about creating a new company, renting our own planes, buying our own cameras, and doing our own flatbed style. Why not? Now, that got some people’s attention. So, our main data provider believes they have a flyer that they can contract in Brazil. But just to set some expectations, you have to wait for the weather to be good. So, best case, we’re going to get planes over Brazil in January or February, somewhere in that range. Then it needs to get captured, the weather needs to be good, it needs to be constructed, reviewed, cleaned up, and then so does some stuff like replacing trees and cleaning up the meshes on their side. So, it takes months. So, with some confidence, I said in the feedback snapshot that Flight Sim World Update Brazil will happen for Flight Sim 2020. I think that’s true, but when exactly, which months and stuff, I have no idea. As soon as we can. And that is true for many, many, many places on Earth. Like, for example, when people said, “Are we working on Africa, South America, Asia, Middle East, yada, yada, yada?” Absolutely. There’s not a country we don’t work on. But when is the data to a point where it’s actually worthy of publishing? That’s a different question. So, you will see us going around the world, as I always said. But it’s going to take however long it’s going to take to get something really great.

So, I want Africa as much as everybody else. South America, for sure. Central America. Somebody said Caribbean. All these things will happen. It’s just not exactly clear to literally anybody when exactly that is. But we’re moving the ball forward on every single region.

(Emphasis added)

Thanks,
MSFS Team

19 Likes

Another a320, why??? :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Do we have any date for the mu2?

Hello @GenBrienYQB,

Today’s blog post says this about the MU-2:

Another highlight of yesterday’s Developer Livestream was the unveiling of the next entry in our Famous Flyers series of aircraft, the Mitsubishi Heavy Industries MU-2 from developer iniBuilds! Last week’s Development Roadmap indicated that this plane was originally planned to be released today. We don’t have an exact release date to share with you at this time, but we’re excited to get this beautiful light turboprop into your hands as soon as we can.

(Emphasis added)

Thanks,
MSFS Team

5 Likes

I’m really excited about the WU, hope the quality is good this time. I live not far from Linköping and worked 5 years at Saab, so the fact that the town is included and that the B-17 (the only one still flying by the way) will be released as a local legend is super nice! I do however question the choice of airport. Why choose Kiruna and not Saab/Linköping airport?? This would have been an obvious choice in my opinion given that it’s where the B-17 is located and the current rendition is not only bad in terms of looks, the runway is not where it should be.

Last year it was moved 600m to the east. In MSFS the ILS has been moved but not the runway itself so it’s unusable.

3 Likes

Why didn’t MS ask INI to create an A321NEO instead? We have so many A320’s around… not sure if this is exciting at all…

10 Likes

The Mu looks awesome, half analog mix too

4 Likes

Jorg also explained the delay is due to the license for the MU not yet having been completed. It’s their first colaboration with Mitsubishi, so all the paperwork is new.

2 Likes

Because there really isnt “another” A320neo in the Marketplace and Xbox.

Us Xbox users have been crying out to get the FBW and Fenix A320 on xbox. But since that doesnt seem to happen, a MS/Inibuild A320neo (complexity comparable to the A310) is probably Jorg’s attempt at solving the issue. And I can tell you, the attempt is extremely welcome and appreciated by us xbox-ers!

At the same time, @SungTarsier4396 's suggestion with an INI A321neo might had been an even better solution. An in depth A32x for Xbox but also something new/additional for the PC crowd.

But with a release date in december, its unlikely a jump from 320 to 321 can be made.

11 Likes

Yes it is very exciting indeed.

You lucky, spoiled PC simmers. We xbox-ers dream of having at least ONE detailed A320. :wink:

I agree with your suggestion, tho. An A321neo would have been exciting for both platforms.

4 Likes

Thanks, good to know they are working on it.

This one struck me as odd. Wouldn’t you first obtain the license before expending significant development resources to build the aircraft?

5 Likes

agree with you on that,i dont own a xbox but why dont they make it soleley for the xbox and not the pc?,as others have said why do we need another a320 on pc,jjust my opinion

1 Like

I’m just connecting dots from the dev stream, but it sounds like the reason they went full steam is that Mitsubishi expressed support for the project. Microsoft and iniBuilds were confident the licensing would happen given that support, it’s just taking longer because legal shmegal.

1 Like

Im only speculating here…
Either…
A) …they want to keep the platforms consistent.
or
B) …Airbus told Jorg “One can never have too many A320.”

or
C) …a EU government gave a grant (as they did for Aerosoft) and told Jorg “One can never have too many A320.”

2 Likes

I wish that whey would instead say “one can never have too many airbuses” and give us a A330 or A340

4 Likes