Serious water mask bug still exists in Bahamas

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

NO

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

YES

Brief description of the issue:

I would like you to see the attached screenshots. Although the developers said that the water mask bug has been resolved, it still remains at a critical point. The beautiful stripes of sand that are the symbol of the Bahamas are brutally carved out. What on earth happened to this?
This was my favorite place to fly, but ever since the Caribbean update, it’s been ruined. When will it be restored?

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

YES

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you use the Rolling Cache?
If so, have you tried emptying it?

I have already deleted it. I confirmed that it has nothing to do with the rolling cathe.

This is an incredibly terrible bug. It is incomprehensible to announce that the fix has been completed with overlooking this fact. My only request is to return it to its original state. All you have to do is revert to before the Caribbean update and everything will be resolved.

1 Like

I also saw this type of problem in this general area.

1 Like

Near Nassau, the water loads in squares. Noticed that near South Bimini too. I’m on Xbox Series X and SU 15 Beta. Just awful…

1 Like

Just to confirm this issue:

I have been flying around the Bahama islands at low level (2,000 - 5,000ft) a LOT since the water masking and I have found it to be mesmerisingly beautiful. On these flights I did not see the above tile effect. However, I was always flying low and mostly around islands, To check this issue I decided to slew way up and zoom way out with the camera to check if I could see it as well… and I did:

It almost looks like a conscious decision was taken to apply the water masks in areas around islands and make the rest of the (nondescript) ocean sort of a neutral turquoise. Doing my kind of flying, i.e. low level around the islands, the masking is simply incredible: it has really blown my mind. However, if you go up high enough this definitely becomes very distracting.

2 Likes

yes

blurred areas/lines that split the shallow waters away from islands.

1 Like

Really dont understand the problem, the first screenshots looks fine, are these to show how it should look or is that showing the problem?

I seem to recall reading somewhere on this forum that water masks should be based on what can be seen in Bing maps, in which case the results in this area should theoretically look similar to this, which also shows what appears to be a rather clear boundary between actual aerial photography and then more generic topographic ocean. Could be that the effect above is a newer (post Carribean update) attempt at blending the two gone wrong.

1 Like

Is not that bad, but is bad… Good news i think is a really easy fix… :smiley:

1 Like

Yes

Same issue after the last fix

i already did… In this thread…

Does anyone know if they are going to fix it? or will this bug be forgotten? or what to do to get it fixed?

1 Like