Setting your CPU Process Priority to above normal for MSFS2020 in Windows 10

So I have followed this short tutorial on how to migrate some extra CPU resources to the game. It has to be running in order to find it in the list, and I set it above normal. I’m going to test each the next level too. Has anyone tried this?

Set CPU Process Priority for Applications in Windows 10/8 [Tutorial]

This is pretty pointless unless you are running a ton of other resource heavy apps in the background, which then get resource issues. If you think you need to adjust this setting, then you might want to reconsider running those background apps in the first place.

Windows allocates resources just fine on its own.

5 Likes

With Win 10 you can switch on "Game mode " to get best performance for your game.

1 Like

hmmm…I’ve heard both sides of that scenario too…lol. some say off! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Maybe I can switch on developer mode and check on/off for myself, I guess…have you?

Unfortunately this does not works in this way :slight_smile:

Usage of Game-Mode is okay , I think the ages where this made trouble is gone.
Another hint is the performance mode, but be carefull with it because if you let enabled, if affects all energy safeing options as well ( in summary, they are disabled ).

The other option is to check the existing threads about “performance optimizations” in forum where users discuss about settings, etc. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you tried this personally…turning it on and off and catch what it does to FPS in developer mode? What were your readings?

Windows does something, I’m sure. Just not always fine…:face_with_hand_over_mouth::100:

yep… I had it On… and Off… Zero diff noticed… I guess it is in meanwhile only that you not get any “important” windows messages while in-game :wink:

For some users the HAGS (GPU) will bring bit more fps ( dont’ expect magic :wink: ) . For other users it has the opposite effect. I have trouble with this in generally, because depend on windows update it let reboot my PC randomly and so I not use it. And as it worked a while without issues, I also noticed no higher fps ( +/-5 is out of my attention ).

PS.: I also not realy use the dev-mode… I let e.g. afterburner run

1 Like

Actually, since the latest windows 10 update, Game Mode seems to do what it was always supposed to do but never did. I now have it set to ON and no more CTDs etc.

1 Like

Thanks…gonna try it

1 Like

Game mode off and Hardware acceleration on works best for me.

Rtx2070
i9-9900k

1 Like