Severe Problems on Xbox After Sim Update 9

Could not agree more​:+1::+1:

Same with my SIM 100%

The beta is working for me i have WU9 up and running

ND freezing and AP issues seems only to affect the Asobo airplanes? Today I fly with 3rd party Ambrears and I see none of those issues.

I fly without cache, have tried with and makes zero difference. It don’t think the cache is working as intended, if at all.

1 Like

I have a feeling that Asobo is tinkering with the server backend just now. I started the sim and there were no stutters in the menu, and no notification at the top of the screen either. :eyes: I could go into the World Map in an instant. No freeze or stutter.

In-game I’m having good performance (A320neo), however the ATC went mute shortly after take-off. It was a SU9 fix so it feels as if some things have rolled back. It would be interesting to know what’s happening currently.

(I’m not in the beta and I have WU9 installed.)

5 Likes

I agree, I think it’s largely irrelevant too.

1 Like

Has anyone found a work around for the black displays? This has been going on since the release…every uodate still has the same problems on xbox

I’ve just come off and notice similar - it was a good flight, very good in fact, smooth and everything seemed ok, when i came out though i got a notification that downloads had started in the background. I don’t normally get that post-flight, on the few occasions i have seen it it was after start-up.

Yep, no notification on the top right here either. Also my marketplace was offline for about a minute.

1 Like

Unfortunately not mate.

1 Like

Heads up for those with Seafront a global shipping. The bug that’s making this add-on cause problems has been identified and will be squashed in the next SU. It’s a SIM bug it seems, not a bug in the add-on. I

I’ve found setting Sea Traffic to 50 seems to be ok.

4 Likes

I don’t want to get anyone’s hopes up but after downloading the beta I’ve just had one of the best, most consistently smooth flights in a while. A pleasure from beginning to end. Fingers crossed it’s not just a placebo!

10 Likes

Glad you’ve had a good flight, mate.

I’ll be continuing my hiatus from the sim for the foreseeable personally, see how things pan out over the next few weeks.

1 Like

It doesn’t hurt to be cautious because the beta for SU9 was also smooth for everyone, then the live implementation had all these issues. This has been a long-standing problem for Asobo, their test environment doesn’t reflect real-life circumstances, that’s why so many game breaking bugs can go through testing (started with the PMDG debacle). I just had a smooth flight as well, and I’m not in the beta. So we’ll see next week.

5 Likes

It’s mental to me that they don’t test things in a live environment before release. I don’t think anyone reasonable would mind if they took a little more time to ensure a more stable product.

4 Likes

That makes me happy as it adds a lot to game immersion

ILS is still broken I’m assuming?

I’ve learnt after a night of sorting it out. If you’re just using cloud gaming it’s Awful can’t get past loading screen. Series S is ok hit and miss. Series X on beta no issue (mostly) it’s now SLIGHTLY about console and if it’s downloaded. However, no one will ahev it good for I’d say another week max maybe 3 days. Cus they’ll be fixing it. Give a couple of days we should all be able to get on until then Russian roulette

XBOX X

Just done a test flight spawning over KLAX / clear sky /747-8 /multiplayer on ,less stuttering ,zero mouse pauses / freezes on world map etc !, it is an improvement.Still scenery popping in too late and on third touch and go some stuttering while aloft,so yes something may have changed a bit for the better?

3 Likes