Severe stutters/CTDs from the menus (Xbox Series X)

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Experiencing persistent severe stutters shortly after starting the sim when navigating the menus (not during flight) after SU9. These sometimes terminate in CTD. Simply clicking an item in the menu or scrolling etc. result in stutters that last several seconds. I am not sure whether the stutters persist after some time.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Donā€™t have a convenient way of sharing.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Open the sim and simply navigate through the menus. I have been able to replicate the issues several times.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Keyboard and mouse connected to the Xbox.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

The first SU9 build (not prerelease)

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

same here, is xbox general problem, the SU9 make drops the frames making liquid the memory or something like that, they should to set the update for xbox because its almost impossible to fly

3 Likes

Happening to me too on Xbox Series S, heavy freezes on menus and almost always followed by a CTD.

2 Likes

its very lumpy for me on both X and S. where as monday it was silky smooth. this leads to blurred earth for a few seconds and had some CTD while trying to set up a departure or flight route. cant remember this ever happening on SU8 or before

1 Like

Crashed four consecutive times after loading & reaching world map, gave up trying again. That was two days ago.

I get the world map freezing up both just after you click on it on main screen or choosing airport/aircraft and also content manager freezes.

No CTD so far from this for me.

My stuttering in game were due to Live Weather. Itā€™s a resource hog

Also Garmin 1000 NXi CTD all the time

1 Like

And Xbox series s Iā€™m ctds like crazy

Hopefully they will fit it and they said itā€™s memory links making ctds on Xbox series s and x

1 Like

Well, I spoke too soon. Had my first CTD in world map. It makes no sense that there is a notice that something has finished downloading when there is nothing to download. What is going on with this sim?

Frustrating!

1 Like

Tried again, same thing CTD on world map and once again itā€™s trying to download something???

Will try once moreā€¦

i am finding its something to do with ā€œphantomā€ notification downloads. i give the main menu time to tell me all downloaded and clear it . seems to work

2 Likes

The stuttering persists, but I have not experienced a CTD since I startet this report.

After its phantom download. Go to top right aknowledge the download delete it. And log out and log back in. It will go to the splash screen and reload the sim but when your on the main menu everything should function how it should. It shouldnā€™t appear again or crash on world map. I have to go through this process everytime I start from Xbox dashboard. It might help it might not but further testing required.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had this too but also noticed that in the content page right at the bottom is an update for the ā€˜Core packageā€™ (or something like that) and it says to restart to install update. When I do the download disappears.
I should add it doesnā€™t show as an update in the top left of that page (where it would show the number of updates available).
I donā€™t know if this is a phantom update stuck in some sort of loopā€¦

Third time was the charm as the ā€œphantomā€ update did whatever it does and did not result in CTD, I then closed the window and was able to fly.

Short flight from San Diego to LAX smooth flight

They need to get this sim fixed

3 Likes

Oh, cool, Iā€™m in the club - my first ever CTDs on Xbox.

I tried SU9 last night, and it gave me no problems, except a ten second freeze after clicking the World Map on the Welcome page. But then I was in and everything went fine. I did a couple of short test flights in the C172 G1000. Seemed pretty bumpy, but whatever. Other than the World Map freeze, no weirdness.

Today I watched the Rocket Labs launch, which gave me the idea to check out their launch site in NZ on MSFS. Again, I had the World Map freeze, was able to pick Gisborne Airport (NZGS), took off in the C172, visited the site (just an odd tall building), and crashed trying to land in the grass. No surprise there.

Then I picked a different airport on the World Map - NZWP, Runway 8. Click to fly. CTD. Restarted the sim, made the same selection. CTD. Restarted the Xbox. Started the sim. Same selection. CTD.

I have only four add-ons - the Fokker, the Staggerwing, the G1000 NXi, and Chicago night lights.

We need more people to vote on this topic so they can see this up top of bug list

1 Like

Iā€™m almost certain that they are aware of the issue. It probably affects almost all Xbox users and they will likely also spot this report anyway. But the more votes it gets the better.

1 Like

Not seeing any reference to this exact issue in the Development update yesterday unless Iā€™ve just missed it.

1 Like

Same here on Series X. Many CTDs even in the menus, enlongened startup splash screen during loading of the game makes restarts even worse. Voted for the topic. Shame to see a sim update having again such major bugs on a known dedicated HW :confused:

1 Like