Severe updrafts around mountains or hills

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox. pc

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version? store

`Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it? no

Brief description of the issue: Flying the DA40 over hills or mountains the airplane will all of a sudden pitch up and climb till it reaches a stall. Even when I’m above the terrain by 3000 feet. I thing there is a issue with the upsloap wind function.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

It might be a bit exaggerated.

I’ve started getting tons of G Force warnings in the A32NX flying over the Himalayas and Japan. Big updrafts pitch the nose way up, the plane freaks out, autopilot shuts off.

1 Like

Vertical air movements above relief act like it is not a calculation of the current wind with the slope but just a script moving up and down your aircraft when the sim detect it is above moutains, whatever your altitude and weather conditions (and i really think this is what happens).

1 Like

You may find this video interesting:

From the video transcript:

When we studied it, the winds over the top of the Greenland air mass landmass, you know what Greenland looks like it, starts here here on the bay side it goes up to 14 000 feet on average, and it goes back to the Atlantic ocean. The winds over the top of the Greenland land mass that night were in excess of 120 knots. We were precisely the right distance down for that wave formation downwind to hit the rotor and we did at 33 000 feet and it beat our brains out.