Severely low FPS after SU9

I removed all the community content and my fps went back up to 60, but I added them back after updating them to SU9 compatibility and it won’t run above 13fps.

I have over 30 addons so I don’t want to sit there 30 times until I find the one that is causing the problem, or potentially more than one.

Any help?

There is already a thread.

@NotIdentity24 You won’t have to. If you are confident its an addon, simply halve them. You now have two tests to run, once for each half. Once you find which half causes the issue, then halve that half.

At some point you will be left with a small handful, and it may become more obvious which it is. Three passes will give you maybe 3 or 4 addons.

1 Like

Moved to Community Support, Install-Performance

I suppose saying binary search might go over a lot of peoples heads :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I found turning the Photogrammetry off fixed the stutters

Do you have 3rd party software?

You don’t have to do this 30 times, just use the half-split troubleshooting technique.

Test one half first. If the issue occurs, split that half in half again and test one of those otherwise split the other half in half and test one of those. Keep going until you find the offending addon. This will take 5 test runs to find the culprit.

My guess is its the Toolbar Pushback addon causing your problem. Lots of ppl reporting stutters / freezes with it.

Same for me with 13fps (also with low, medium, high and ultra settings). The fps do not change… Toolbar Pushback ist not installed.

And also with no addon installed I get 13fps.

i tried all, no difference

1 Like

Well if you get full FPS with nothing in your community folder and low FPS with all 30 addons loaded, at least one of your addons must be causing the slowdown.

Another thing to note is that there is a bug in SU9 where your initial loading into a flight will result in much lower FPS than normal with a spinning load circle in the bottom right of the screen, which apparently has something to do with MSFS constantly accessing your logbook file. This lasts for a couple of minutes then FPS recovers to normal so the solution is just to ignore initial low FPS and continue your cockpit flow and it should have corrected itself well before you taxi.