Shaking Quest 2, VRAM constantly changing

, ,

Hi guys!

After few days of sturggling to fix the quality and the performance inside MSFS with Oculus Quest 2, finally managed somehow to bring the quality to a good level, but the performance is around 15 FPS.
I would like to hear from you for any advices about how can I increase the performance, what settings should I change inside ODT, OTT, Oculus, MSFS?

Also, now when I activate my quest and after the quest link the whole headset stars to get shaky and I really have to stand very very still and it is still shaking a little bit, but as soon as I move it is horrible, it does it even on the menu when you link to the pc.
Im using cable USB C to USB A (3.2) 5Gbit.
Also, I wanted to ask you why do always the VRAM is changing? I have 8GB of VRAM and MSFS sometimes on display fps hud from developer panel is showing for example 8234/6582 so it is using 8GB out of 6GB but those 6GBs are constantly changing, sometimes they are going up to 8GB, 4GB, 3GB, etc…How can I fix that?
The VR is connected directly to the motherboard on a 33.2 USB port.

Intel i9 10850K 3.2GHz
32GB DDR4 3200MHz
RTX3070 8GB
Quest 2

I’m not a real expert here… But since mine sits at 12 GB all the time and I have 12 GB of ram, I think you don’t have enough ram. It’s having shuffle things in and out of memory. This is why you’re seeing the usage go up and down and while you’re getting stuttering. I don’t think 8 GB is enough for higher settings in VR.

Nevermind, however I tried with low-end settings, if my RTX3070 and i9 10850K 32GB Ram pc cannot handle low end on vr, I doubt that honestly.

Btw, the shaking is fixed by ODT → set Encode Bitrate (mbps) from 500 to 0