Share Your Precipitation Moment

Rain, snow, and everything in between. According to ‘Skybrary’, precipitation includes 'water falling from a cloud to the surface in the form of “Rain, Snow, Hail, Sleet, Drizzle, or Virga”. Virga’s that stuff falling from a cloud that you can see, but does not make it to the ground. Even include your icing up and rainbows. Image limit is 10 shots. Cheers!

Late afternoon flight from La Guardia to Chicago Midway. Precipitation over Youngstown, Ohio

5 Likes

Some of my best Precip Moments from various flights:

7 Likes

far out! I was surprised there was no page dedicated to this aspect of the sim. Post on!

2 Likes

Here’s some wetness…

8 Likes

Love the fourth one. Splish splash!

Here’s a blast from the past, too. More to come.

KBUR.

2 Likes

9 Likes

Hey, asking a favor as you are also a moderator. How do I get rid of the ‘solution’ indicators under each person’s post?

Cheers!

1 Like

None I’m afraid. It’s built into the forum software.

1 Like

Those early days when any flight through a cold, moist cloud, in Winter, added ice to the aircraft. Definitely a learning experience.

3 Likes

15 Likes

6 Likes

rainy Dulles departure

3 Likes

What an awesome post :clap::+1: love it!

Since the rain drop effects are so nice from the cockpit view, I want to askt he Devs why there aren’t any effects in external view?

For example when I’m flying in rainy weather especially when it’s dark and my planes front lights are on… I should be able to see traces of rain around my aircraft in external view. Is that just too intensive for the sim?

Also, I noticed when I’m on the runway in rainy weather, I do see raindrops falling around my aircraft, but they fall in a weird “pause, drop” way and not consistently or continuously. What’s going on then?

Series X.

1 Like

Agree with you. Probably a lot of work and unknown performance effect? Anyway, give it a go. Cheers!

1 Like

8 Likes

gorgeous weather in Wales…

1 Like

Salzburg (Austria) looking south. Not the best weather for crossing the alps.

3 Likes

Try the Himalayas. Happy landings

Rainy Bordeaux day.

6 Likes

Breaking out of rain showers at minimums.

4 Likes