After much reading and trials and errors, I got the VR to work with my Oculus Quest 2. this is what I did.
- Installed the Oculus App on my PC.
- Made sure that OpenXR was pointed in the right direction in my REG. c:\program Files\Oculus\support\oculus-runtime\oculus_openxr_64.json (Mine was already set to that)
- Activated Public View on the BETA tab and downloaded and installed the BETA software.
- Set my Oculus Quest 2 to accept un-recognized system (forget the real name of the switch)
- Selected my monitor view within Oculus.
- Started up FS 2020 once I got to flight mode. Toggled to VR and there I was. I was able to toggle back and forth too. You notice that it is in VR mode when you see duplicate images of the cockpit on your screen. When you put on the VR Headset it all become on VR view.
The only issue that I had was that I got a little motion sickness. I’ll have to figure out how to deal with that. Also, I need to figure out how to activate switches, etc. in VR mode. I do have my Joystick memorize as to button controls but there are some item that takes the mouse or keyboard to control.
I hope I didn’t leave anything out. Not sure how different the Oculus Quest 2 is from the Oculus Rift.