Short SC7 Skyvan ILS

Hi , I can’t get the ILS localiser and Glideslope to capture in this aircraft.
I’ve tried both Modern & Classic cockpits .
EGFF Cardiff Airport ILS runway 30 was used , frequency 110.70 , i’ve flown hundreds of times into this airport in various aircraft in the sim with no issues at all.

Will it work with a VOR at least?

Vor works fine

Hmm. I was hoping you were going to say no if I’m honest. :wink:

Iit seems that the GS button from the auto pilot is not working, I get the Localizer just fine and a glideslope, but It wont follow it. I tried the airport and ILS that you mentioned.

Moved to User Support Hub Aircraft & Systems that is more appropriate since aircraft autopilot related.

1 Like

And you are certain you are below the slope with the AP engaged? I’m sure you know already but what you should see is the yellow arrow on the left slowly drop, and when it gets to the centre you should see the AP nose down as it captures the slope.

The localiser capture button and also the glideslope button don’t work at all , even when i use controller key binds , they can be pressed to the ‘on’ position , but immediately spring back to the ‘off’ position with no capture happening.
All other autopilot functions work fine , heading mode , track mode (in vloc & gps modes) alt hold works and so does the vertical speed switch.

I noticed the same

I did a test at LFAT ILS 110.15:

• Loc is captured/followed
  • Glide is captured but not followed

Seems pretty inconsistent, hope it gets looked at

Did a test at your reported airport EGFF Cardiff Airport ILS runway 30, frequency 110.70:

• Loc is active and captured
  • Glide is active but not captured

Could you test again to see if you can have at least the Loc working as for me ?

LOC won’t capture for me , modern & classic tested, didn’t work at nearby Bristol airport either. I’ve even tried a fresh install of the aircraft too.

I wonder if the issue of it not following the glideslope is down to autopilot PID’s. How does the AP behave in all other respects? Any sign of under or overshoot?

You might need to adjust power more than necessary to assist the AP if it can’t maintain the slope.

A bug report has been created, if you want to participate there:

1 Like