Should I reinstall FS2020 on my xbox

Evening

I have been very happy so far with the sim on Xbox and have been relatively free from CTD

However. I bought at the weekend a keyboard and wanted to bind keys for external views. This is where the fin started.

I use a V1 from Turtle Beach and spent an age setting it up. I mapped and binded keys and got quite used to it.

I plugged the wireless keyboard in and started a very low and methodical binding of two keys.

Since those two keys on my keyboard were bound the mouse has stopped working (left and right button) and the right POV on the V1 will not bind or do anything. I am really hacked off

So I have been on and off all day trying to sort but nothing seems to work.

I am tempted to remove and start all over again - is this wise on the Xbox and can anyone advise if they have had the same problem?

GOOD question – and I do not have the answer … but

I believe that that your X-Box profiles for USB device are stored bcak on the MS servers associated with your account ( same as for a PC version), so if you were to re-isntally MSFS on your X-box, you would end up with the same users modidied set of profiles that were saved before the re-install, And ob the x-0box, there is proabbly not a way to access the filing system, and delete any user porofiels in nay case.

Can you not just from within MSFS delete your USB devices user profiles, and start again from the DEFAULT ones ?

Maybe make a written or Cell-phone Photo record of your original settings 1st ?

@N6722C thanks for the reply. I really am unsure what to do. I know o am very annoyed that I have to do this.

I can delete the profiles of the V1 flight yoke but that is the second issue. The 1st issue is not being able to use either buttons on the mouse!

Unless I create another account?

I don’t know if you have seen this thread, but here is a link to the official thread on this subject, just in case!!

1 Like

I will have a look thanks

Moved to #self-service:peripherals as this seems to reference discussion of peripherals. #sdk-discussion:sdk category is more for general discussion of the software development kit (SDK).