Should I start over with MSFS 2024?

This pinned airport map is getting busy through the years. I think I might have to start over. should I?. Just today I’m seeing new things at CDG.

1 Like

Wow thats a nice collection :smile: Totally up to you not sure if you saw the last dev q/a but bing maps will be getting a world update for fs2024, and fs2020 i think so alot of visuals might of changed etc

I did. But i think more for the additional changes to textures with the layering added. Like the rocks and detail textures. That will change the look of everything, everywhere

I missed that. So to confirm, is it just bing satellite imagery being updated or will photogrammetry be updated too? And does updated also mean expanded coverage?

Best bet is watch MS. presentation from last years fsexpo.

I did. But still nearly nothing new in 10 months

From what we understood the world will get all new data, so replacing the world bing data we have now on fs2020. not sure if the photogrammetry will be updated i would assume so to match the new bing mapping

Remember satellite imagery is shared across both platforms, so if this is updated, it will be for 2020 as well. I can’t say I’ve heard that the satellite imagery is being updated on the 2024 release though, these images are sourced from multiple providers so that would mean collecting many different sources at once which is quite the undertaking.

2 Likes

Ah i might of misunderstood Jorg talked about it here :slight_smile:
https://youtu.be/IaOLvu1l5sI?t=5006

1 Like

Ah ok, nice one @ANDYS2790 yes, Jorg does say about updating 250 terabytes of world data, so that is looking likely before the end of the year. So we can infer from that, that MSFS 2024 and 2020 will both get updated Bing data around the time of the MSFS 2024 release.

2 Likes

Gotcha. Hopefully photogrammetry too. And that updated data means further reaching

1 Like

Jorg said in one of the Q&A sessions that the world was being completely redone using new data. It will also have Blackshark.AI processed again all that data, presumably with new AI processing. There was mention in the Keynote Presentation that they will be using new 2Dto3D technology (although we don’t know what that means yet) so there is a good chance that the building will change. At least with updated data, we will be getting any buildings/roads/etc that have been added since 2019.

1 Like