Because we visited the area in 2018 I did some flying in that area. I started in St. John’s Newfoundland and ended in Halifax NS. I found it very interesting and very scenic in places. I flew in short hops so my first leg was just from St. John’s to Gander:
I did not strictly follow this route: sort of meandered around that line. Some things on this leg:
- Cape Spear near St. John’s is the easternmost part of North America: worth a fly over
- The whole coast that I followed is very beautiful
- Gander is of course famous for putting up all the aircraft that got rerouted after 9/11
The second day I flew from Gander. I was planning to go to St. Anthony but ended up flying some way down the west coast and landed in Port au Choix
The next day I flew from Port au Choix to Halifax. I did not save a shot of the route but some things to consider:
- Gros Morne National Park is a World Heritage site and to my mind a must see if you are in the area. On the coast it starts from Cow Head with the best of it around Rocky Harbour. Very, very beautiful
- Sounds like you are planning on doing that in any case but the whole of Cape Breton is spectacular.
Whatever you decide to do: enjoy it!