Should steam be tracking the Bush Flights achievements?

I have finished many MSFS 2020 Achievements. They all tracked in the steam achievement window. I recently started the Gold Rush and Balkans bush trips to try and get these bush trip achievements. I have finished over half the legs in Goldrush and one in Balkans. I jumped to Balkans because I noticed that the steam achievement window is not advancing as I complete the legs of these trips.

1. Never even look at the GPS map and definitely never press the back on track thing.
  2. I am not in Dev Mode.
  3. I get the finish screen as soon as I come to a stop on the legs runway.
  4. In the MSFS Bush Trips window I see the progress, example I am currently at 6% (one leg) in the Balkans trip and 62% in the Goldrush Nevada bush trip.

Neither of these trips has advanced any % at all in the steam achievements window.
Am I wasting my time flying all these legs or can you still unlock these achievements here in 2022?
Thanks in advance for your time and help.

1 Like

Hmm, I guess I’ve never looked at the Stream progress, but in the MSFS Achievements page, I know they stay at 0% until fully complete, then go to 100%.

Thanks for trying to help.
In my MSFS the blocks on the bush trip page do update after every leg. It is only the steam achievement page in steam that seems not to update. Other achievements do update as you slowly work toward 100%, this is why I am concerned that the Bush Trips achievements are not being tracked. In the last image below you can see the other three achievements are updating.

1 Like

I’m only 5 legs away from completing the Nevada - Goldrush Bush Trip so by tomorrow evening we should know if I unlock the achievement or if it is not working. I will report back here as soon as I complete the bush trip.

I finished the Nevada Goldrush achievement. As soon as the plane came to a stop on the final runway the Achievement unlocked. I got the pop up on screen and the steam page moved the achievement to the unlocked area. This answers my original question which was: “Will I get the achievement even though it was not progressing in the Steam window while it was progressing in the MSFS Activities>Bush Trips window?” The answer is yes I got the achievement even though it was not progressing in the steam window.

Notes: The bush trip window for goldrush shows 96% which it showed when I started the last leg. It has not changed through two MSFS restarts. I got the achievement and maybe if I fly it again it will change in MSFS to 100%. The flight log shows I have finished all 25 legs successfully. My guess is when the last flight stopped, it unlocked the achievement and ended the flight before the window could be updated to 100%. I have seen others report this and that flying the last leg again will change it to 100%. I will test if I ever get time. Also a lot of the legs were in California and the period is best known as the California gold rush so I’m not sure where the Nevada came from unless created by someone not too familiar with US history.

Conclusion: I got the achievement after completing all the 25 legs, without being in developer mode and never ever using the Back On Track button on the VFR Map screen. I assume you can get it too, even if the progress is not displayed on the Steam Achievement tracking window.

Thanks all and I hope this information is helpful to our fellow pilots.