Should there be a MSFS "Top Gun: Maverick" add-on pack?

To celebrate the release of the film, having the F/A-18 Super Hornet, the F-14 Tomcat [and the possible SR-72 at the end of the trailer] in Microsoft Flight Simulator would be a really cool cross-promotion.

Maybe even an aircraft carrier added somewhere to land onđź’Ż

This could be either a free add-on, or a pay pack. It would be fun nonetheless.

What do you think?

SDK needs to support full Mach spectrum flight and performance. Until that happens, you’re not going to get the sense of tactical jet flying in the full flight envelope of any supersonic jet.

1 Like

just play DCS until they add supersonic flight. it has the Tomcat and the F18 (for each movie)

Lana…Lana…LANA…LAAANNNNNNNNNNAAAAA!
WHAT
Heheheh…falsetto Danger zone

2 Likes

^^ See above, couldn’t agree more ^^

Even better, all DCS modules are free-to-fly until 15th February! They just launched a sale event during which time you can download and fly any aircraft module (or terrain), with no limits (except the 15th Feb deadline).

I encourage you to go jump in a Tomcat, Hornet and with the new Supercarrier module complete with animated deck crew.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/2021-02-05/

By the way - I called this lol!

14 Likes

DLC announced for E3, post is reopened. Will be closed when DLC is delivered.

2 Likes

Sure, the more paid DLC the better. Don’t want to see this built into the basic game.

(By the way, that was sarcasm. For those of you who can’t understand that kind of thing.)

You are one lucky man.Your wish came through in some way :slight_smile:

1 Like

What should I call you? @BlackChamber487 or Nostradamus? LOL

1 Like

Dude you are legit psychic, wow.

1 Like

Can you PM me next week’s lottery numbers please :smiley:

3 Likes

Only THREE votes for this and yet it’s getting made??? LoL!! I didn’t see this before searching “Top Gun” just now. Man, you sure did call this one BlackChamber!!! I woulda voted for it had I seen this before. That said, if you asked me a month ago, I’d have said, “No way they are making any updates or expansions that feature fighter aircraft!” So glad I was/would have been wrong about this!

But I just noticed the press release says November 19th for both the film and this expansion (Covid really pushed that one back, I thought the new Top Gun was supposed to be out by now by the original schedule? This is going to be a long and painful wait!!! At least we should have DC Designs F-14 and Miramar NAS scenery out long before November.

Now, can we get properly columnated and anti-aliased HUDs sooner than November? Proper afterburners and official, accurate >Mach 1 flight modeling added to the SDK before November?? PLEASE!!!

1 Like

:sweat_smile::rofl::rofl:

I’m excited that my idea became a reality!

3 Likes

Congrats!! :clap:

2 Likes

The Beginning of…The Return of : The Microsoft COMBAT Flight $imulator $eries for MSFS.

This one hope$ at least.

I for one cannot wait to be shot down by griefers in my C172 by a F18.

1 Like

lol

“…There are no problems. Only solutions.” - John Lennon

imo oc

Release notes