Sidewinder Precision 2 Joystick

Hey, SmartTadpole89.
Thanks for the mapping info, I have the same stick and couldn’t get it to work.
Actually came here looking for a fix. I’ll be sure to give this a go.
Thank you!
:grinning:

You are welcome. I’ve set the axis and rudder sensitivity to -50 and it feels much better.

I’ve got a Sidewinder Precision 2 as well, thanks for the setup info

2 Likes

Did you try unplugging and reinstalling the usb connector?
Is it working in other apps?

I have just managed to get the Axis assignments & a few buttons done, but I don’t know how to get the hat buttons etc to scroll through my views. it was all so simple when the Joystick was recognized straight away & assignments were already in use (if you know what I mean?). Any advice would be appreciated . Cheers Rod

Rod,

I like the quickview for my hat buttons so here is how I’ve set mine up. Be sure to set the filter to All so you can see the bindings:
Cockpit Camera:
Cockpit Quickview Right - POV ->
Cockpit Quickview Left - POV <-
Cockpit Quickview 45 Left - POV (left down)
Cockpit Quickview 120 Left - POV (left up)
Cockpit Quickview 45 Right - POV (right up)
Cockpit Quickview 120 Right - POV (right down)

External Camera:
External Quickview Left - POV ->
External Quickview Rear - POV (down)
External Quickview Right - POV <-
External Quickview Top - POV (up)
External Quickview 45 Left - POV (left down)
External Quickview 120 Left - POV (down right)
External Quickview 45 Right - POV (up left)
External Quickview 120 Right - POV (up right)

Note - the description in parenthesis is how the POV arrow is pointing

I hope this helps. Happy flying!

Lee

2 Likes

Many thanks. Have sent e-mail
Rod

Sent e-mail?

Yes, I got your message on this forum plus a copy in my e-mail box. Basically, my message said thanks for the swift reply & that I will be following your guide soon. Cheers Rod

followed this to the letter now working perfectly. The only thing i would say to anyone that this does not work for, reset and remove any previous settings before you start this. Many thanks

i;m having trouble with my tail wing on any plane i fly,it doesn’t spring back left or right .i have a mircosoft sidewinder force feedback 2 .it just stop working i turn the tail to the right or left it stays i have to turn it back to the middle manual,any help would be greatful

1 Like

I got everything else to work. however the control services will go back to level flight, it always wants to stay in the nose up or down attitude, unless I make quick adjustments. Is the a driver I need for the non-force feedback to work?

I have a Sidewinder Precision 2 Joystick that I want to start using again. However when I plug into any USB port, Windows 10 reports that it doesn’t recognize the device, and XPlane doesn’t see it either.
Can anyone suggest where and how to get the driver for it – or send it to me?
Thanks!

1 Like

Despues de varios años fuera de la simulacion volvi a instalar mis dispositivos para poder volar con MSFS, tengo este joystick y me estoy volviendo loco con la configuarcion, acabo d encontrar este foro y voy a pponer las asignaciones de acuerdo a como lo indican, gracias por su ayuda.

Hello felows! After 10 years I´m trying to come back to use FS, so I just boght a FS2020 for PC. I have an old Sidewinder Precision 2 in a perfect conditions. I would like to ask help to this forum if someone could help me and send me a full control profile for sidewinder precision 2 to be used with FS 2020. Thanks in advance!

Look further up in this chain & you’ll see the mappings you need.

Thanks for your repply! I´m using the mapping you suggested, it works fine with my old Sidewinder Precision 2!.

Hi fellows! I´m looking for aq new Joystick to use with FS 2020, in fact a simple one. I would like to know if anybody have a list or could indicate where I could find of joystick models that have a automatic profile in the FS 2020, I mean when you plug the joystick the FS 2020 recognize it and asume a profile and configuration for it so it isnt necessary to mape it.
Yhanks in advence!

Hi All, same story as above really. An old MS Sidewinder 2 on MSFS. I’ve configured the roll left and roll right on the X axis as a test but it seems to be ON or OFF rather than progressive.
Is there anything I might be missing?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi All, apologies I had misread the mappings.
All fine now.