Sidewinder Precision 2 Joystick

Despues de varios años fuera de la simulacion volvi a instalar mis dispositivos para poder volar con MSFS, tengo este joystick y me estoy volviendo loco con la configuarcion, acabo d encontrar este foro y voy a pponer las asignaciones de acuerdo a como lo indican, gracias por su ayuda.

Hello felows! After 10 years I´m trying to come back to use FS, so I just boght a FS2020 for PC. I have an old Sidewinder Precision 2 in a perfect conditions. I would like to ask help to this forum if someone could help me and send me a full control profile for sidewinder precision 2 to be used with FS 2020. Thanks in advance!

Look further up in this chain & you’ll see the mappings you need.

Thanks for your repply! I´m using the mapping you suggested, it works fine with my old Sidewinder Precision 2!.

Hi fellows! I´m looking for aq new Joystick to use with FS 2020, in fact a simple one. I would like to know if anybody have a list or could indicate where I could find of joystick models that have a automatic profile in the FS 2020, I mean when you plug the joystick the FS 2020 recognize it and asume a profile and configuration for it so it isnt necessary to mape it.
Yhanks in advence!

Hi All, same story as above really. An old MS Sidewinder 2 on MSFS. I’ve configured the roll left and roll right on the X axis as a test but it seems to be ON or OFF rather than progressive.
Is there anything I might be missing?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi All, apologies I had misread the mappings.
All fine now.

I have an alternate set of mappings for the Sidewinder 2 if you are interested.

Is there anyway the bindings can be exported into a file that can be shared and imported?

There is a tool called FS2020 Controls available that can export the settings and import them into FS2020. There is some risk of messing up your files with incorrect edits, so backing up your settings file prior to making changes is recommended.
Find it here: FS2020 Control for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS
I have saved my settings to an excel file, if you want them let me know how I can send them to you.

You can also edit the XML file for your joystick settings, but the challenge there is finding it and not creating a problem.